Neptune Aquatics

What are You Bringing to the Frag Swap?

I'm probably brining some dark pink zoas, a sparkly favia lol, and I'm thinking about taking a small GBTA because he won't settle in my rand and I'm tired of it walking around. Sorry I don't know the names I suck at remembering these things!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't worry about names so much, the use of description to explain the coral that you're bringing often goes a lot further, i.e. Red Planet vs. Red branching acropora, if you don't know what a red planet is you wouldn't have a clue what it looked like except maybe red... and perhaps even round (planet?), of course us 'swap patrol' people are around for questions like that too, but with a few minutes to pick a coral sometimes you don't want to keep asking "what's that what's that what's that" :)

Also not all corals have fancy nick names attached to them :)

It opens up everyday but I havent fed it in a week because its all the way at the bottom right now. Ill try to reach it and give it some food. Thanks guys!

I'm bringing:

2-3 frags of pink palys
2-3 frags of Australian Duncan
1 frag of oxide zoas
2 frags of the PPE Acropora
2 frags of the yellow birdsnest

Anything else that I find in my frag rack...

Here's what I'm getting....
  • 2x Kryptonite Green Trumpets (5 head & 6 head)
  • 1x Mystic Monti
Just fragged :)

trumpet.jpg

Pretty sure there was a bit of miscommunication on that, bringing 2 frags of the same kind is perfectly fine. However you still need to bring 3 separate strains as a minimum.

If it's an issue and you don't have 3 different corals you can have one of mine as your third

Pretty sure there was a bit of miscommunication on that, bringing 2 frags of the same kind is perfectly fine. However you still need to bring 3 separate strains as a minimum.

If it's an issue and you don't have 3 different corals you can have one of mine as your third
It's my first frag swap & didn't know that... appreciate it (bow) :)

The swap this time seemed to have very loose rules compared to previous experiences, not criticizing but the observation was made by several members who happen to mention the same thing while we were still there.

Nonetheless our little event was awesome. I was happy to finally have the ability to bring in more frags than I took home. I remember my first frag swap when I too went shopping for 3 frags so I can join the frag swap, I felt an added respect for the folks who were carting in boxes full of frags, it was the first confirmation that I had joined a great community. Getting to see everyone & catch up with them was a blast :D

Now I need to run & buy more super glue...

I just want to say thank you to BAR and everyone who participated in the frag swap today (especially Patchin who entered frags on my behalf). I'm glad I got the opportunity to experience my first frag swap and look forward to many more events in the future...next time I hope to have plenty of my own frags to bring along.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out and participated. I got way too many frags and the acclimation process was a PAIN IN THE butt. In the end we get everyone settled in and they're looking awesome. By the way I totally snagged that X-mas micromussa for 15$. It's definitely a rainbow micromussa will have to upload pics soon. One of the zoas I got was infested with Zoa Pox and was thrown out. Only other pest species encountered was minor asterina stars, bubble algae, and cyano.

I agree with HiFidelity. The rules were a little loose. You should not be allowed to hold a frag and walk around looking at other frags. If you pick up the frag you should either put it down and keep looking or take it with you. That's a little unfair to the other people there.

I agree with HiFidelity. The rules were a little loose. You should not be allowed to hold a frag and walk around looking at other frags. If you pick up the frag you should either put it down and keep looking or take it with you. That's a little unfair to the other people there.

Most people will pick a frag and then walk around for their remaining time to see what they might want for their next pick. I didn't really notice anyone holding a frag and then changing their mind during the same round, not to say it didn't happen though, I just didn't notice it.

Back