Neptune Aquatics

What are you bringing to the swap ?

Alright Sergio bringing some heat to this frag swap!

Also you need to save those black hornets. Those other zoas are taking up its real estate ;)

Will post my pictures in a second.

Heres what im bringing.

Bird of Paradise Birdsnest
Baby Jawbreaker Mushroom
Rainbow Acan
Big Head Dendro
Green/Red Favia
Teal Ricordea Florida
Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
Sakura Sunrise Zoa
Tyree Orange Rainbow Zoa
Wild Green Zoa
Yellow Highlighter Zoa
Electric Oompa Loompa Zoa
Gold Maul Zoa
CRC Darth Maul Zoa
Chiquita Zoa
Pink Fusion Zoa
King Midas Zoa
Sunny D's Zoas

Last edited:
Damnit Sergio... I don't think my system is SPS ready yet (of course I don't know why but that's another story!).

I don't do names, so I'm bringing some red blastomussa wellsi, red/blue blasto merletti, some pink sparkly zoa, some red zoa, maybe a favia... some green with other color chalice, and some other chalice with different colors :D I'll try to post pictures before the swap and maybe someone can nail down a name for me to write on the containers :D

Flaming Zebras
IMG_0548.jpg

Tyree Orange Rainbow Zoa
IMG_0549.jpg

Electric Oompa Loompa
IMG_0551.jpg

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
IMG_0552.jpg

Chiquita Zoas
IMG_0554.jpg

Rainbow Acan from Alecs (Put him in lower light, the green/yellow will pop!)
IMG_0558.jpg

Fathead Dendro
IMG_0561.jpg

Cali Reef Co. Darth Maul Zoa
IMG_0567.jpg

Yellow Highlighter Zoas (so much brighter than king midas)
IMG_0340.jpg

Baby Jawbreaker, Bird of Paradise, Sakura Sunrise Zoa
IMG_0546.jpg

And then I'm also bringing all the stuff I mentioned up top.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nav
Flaming Zebras
View attachment 3305

Tyree Orange Rainbow Zoa
View attachment 3306

Electric Oompa Loompa
View attachment 3307

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
View attachment 3308

Chiquita Zoas
View attachment 3309

Rainbow Acan from Alecs (Put him in lower light, the green/yellow will pop!)
View attachment 3312

Fathead Dendro
View attachment 3313

Cali Reef Co. Darth Maul Zoa
View attachment 3314

Yellow Highlighter Zoas (so much brighter than king midas)
View attachment 3315

Baby Jawbreaker, Bird of Paradise, Sakura Sunrise Zoa
View attachment 3316

And then I'm also bringing all the stuff I mentioned up top.

Very nice

Well I guess no one else bringing any corals to this swap.

It'll me and sergio trading corals with each other ;)

I'm really liking that aussie blue acro!

Last edited:
So what tricks do some of you use to remove algae from frag plugs? I thought about popping it off and putting it on a new plug but half the point of fragging early is so that you get something that grows in a bit. Then the other side of that is there are people who simply chops off frag plugs regardless of how much is encrusted. But then there's the people who in the past have complained that there was algae and other crap of plugs. Can't please everyone even when it's free stuff.

mike don't worry about the algae lol but hey I guess if you want to scrape it off, you can just bone cutters or something with a straight edge.

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it. I treat every single frag I get (from the store, from the frag swap, from an online vendor) as if it was covered with every single pest species.

Those are some beautiful Sps, wish I could take care of them.
I thought share some of what I'm bringing. Sorry for crapppy pictures, don't do any of my corals justice.
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Teal/Green Favia with orange center
FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Green base/purple polyp monti
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Unnamed Zoas colony
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Unnamed Zoas (which I'm totally in love with- skirts looks yellow and centers look pink with green, yellow and blue in b/t under my blue lights)

As well as pink hallucinations, pink zippers and red hornets

So what tricks do some of you use to remove algae from frag plugs? I thought about popping it off and putting it on a new plug but half the point of fragging early is so that you get something that grows in a bit. Then the other side of that is there are people who simply chops off frag plugs regardless of how much is encrusted. But then there's the people who in the past have complained that there was algae and other crap of plugs. Can't please everyone even when it's free stuff.
I always try to get the frag off the frag plug when possible, if it's little encrusted, I'm careful enough to get it out with the encrusted part (just because I hate plugs and I let frags grow on rubble & move them around).

I've also in the past used H2O2 to dip the plug to clear all algae out of it. The ratio of H2O2 to water depends on what coral they are. I got this off a thread in RC:

SPS - 1:20
LPS - 1:4 (no chalices)
Zoas - 1:3

Wow, looks like people are bringing some crazy cool pieces! I'm happy I'm finally at the point with my tank where I can actually bring stuff... but it's not as exciting as what others are showing off!

Hornets.jpg

Red Hornets

Green_zoa.jpg

Green zoa that I don't know the name of. I assume pretty common, even though I don't see it in the local shops. Very easy to grow...

BlueKiss.jpg

Colony of I what I think are Blue Kiss zoas. Look familiar @Enderturtle? :D

BirdOfParidise.jpg

Now for a couple of bad sps pics. Zoas photograph well with with the light behind them, but not the sps...
Bird of Paradise. Does have mostly green skin, just can't see it here

Poecillopora.jpg

"Apon's pocillopora", I picked up what grew into a small colony of this up at the last frag swap, and it's grown nicely. This piece is a bit light at the base because it was being shaded, hopefully it'll color up a little more by the swap.

BirdsNest.jpg

2 pieces of light green birdsnest. Rotten pic, it's a nice green with a light tan skin. Other one is the blurry piece to the right, behind it.

Also have a couple of Tubb's Blue zoas on a plug that I'll bring if they look good by then, right now a little small and not opening as much as I'd like, so we'll see. Everything was glued about a week ago.

I think the second one is miami hurricane. The first one looks cool though.
Yeah I think the guy who donated a ton of these to a swap or two ago said it was a Miami Hurricane, but then I recall someone complaining after the swap that it wasn't.

First one got from a BAR raffle back in the day, the sponsor I think called it "Alien Invader" I think it's similar to the "Alien Eye" (at least that's what google shows me) and I remember those days of every LFS getting corals that kinda sorta looked like a particular popular named one and simply copied that name.

So maybe I'll just call them
Miami Hurricane(ish) chalice
Alien Eye(ish) chalice :D

Back