Jestersix

What are you planning to bring to the Frag Swap ?

Having a longer first round doesn’t add any of these problems associated with previewing and solves the problem of not having enough time to look at the coral before your first pick. Keep it simple I say.
What does "longer" mean in your opinion? How many minutes per group?

Just about anything? Moving corals to places where they don't belong, smudging labels so they're unreadable...who knows what people will attempt. I'd like to think everyone attending wants to have a fair, equatable, and fun experience, but we know that not everyone thinks that way in this world.
Good points, I would be more worried about this at the regional swap, but valid concerns either way. If I saw a member doing anything like that I would be so disappointed.

If you make the rounds longer and we end up with say 8 groups you're talking about 32 minute rounds. Way too long. We have old people that will start taking naps and kids that will start doing stuff to them. Keep the rounds the same. Just add a preview. My vote anyway.

30 minutes! Count me out -- that would be absurd. I assumed we were talking about the first round being about 6 minutes instead of 4. I kind of like the idea of a 20 minute preview (no touch) better for one reason. It will really help members -- all of us, but especially newer members -- to decide what will work in their tank and discuss parameters. As the mission statement czar that fits right into our core club functions which are education and good husbandry.

I was talking about a total of 30-45 minutes for all groups in round 1. I think we normally do 2 minutes per group and if you increased that to say 5 min, you're talking about a 2.5x increase in time the first round takes.

I think at the regional swap we went up to letter J.....so, if we use the above numbers, the normal 20 minute first round would jump to 50 min.

I would think double the normal time.

First round ONLY, not every round as I think Bruce was worried about.

We could make up the time and break even or better by reducing the number of groups by 1-3 with the group size normalizing suggestions made by others already.

Right now we are looking at <40 people. Last time we wen to group F. My vote would be a 15 min preview. That way, newbies can also see some ultra frags that may be gone by the time t gets to be their turn, but they can still get educated about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just remebered one more coral I’m looking for. Does anyone have the daisy polyp pipe organ coral? Looks like the pic. Not really looking for the thinner strand polyp one
0466AAB6-1EB8-492A-99FA-A415F0432E61.jpeg

Hi, can someone help me label my bags at the swap? I bought coral since I had none... One looks like seasons greeting monti, another some green box shape monti, and zoas that look like eagle eyes? I dont want to mislabel and forgot what the guy said haha....

If anyone is looking for a specific coral, I can go buy it too since Ill be at the store anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back