Our mission

What are your favorite corals that most people don't know about?

Lace coral.
Maybe a lot of people know about them but not interested? I like them but just hard to maintain the colors

Lace coral.
Maybe a lot of people know about them but not interested? I like them but just hard to maintain the colors

upload_2018-6-16_22-47-7.png

Trying to keep one for the first time. Have always loved them, but never attempted.

I've been trying to locate some decent looking Micromussas (amakuensis). They've basically disappeared once they were reclassified into the Acan genus.

I would like to say stylophora, the knobby variety not the long armed one that always gets me excited when I see "Purple stylo" at frag swaps.. but people know about those, so ummm yeah I got nothing.

Yep, it's been in the tank for ~1 month now. :)

Oh, other favorites of mine that very few people keep are organ pipe corals and christmas tree worm rock. In the latter case, just for the worms versus the porites that they're usually hosting.

Pulsar zoas. I picked these up from a zoa “collector” who was shutting down his tank. I had to surgically extract the few zoas that survived his tank crash from a blob of algae and immediately split them into two frags of like two zoas each. Asterina starfish took out one of the groups (they are apparently capable of eating microzoas) and I have been growing the other group out for over a year if you can believe it.

They’re sort of like miniature utter chaoses with a green skirt.
ba2227f6b5b80eacdd2ca4a681e2d44f.jpg

Back