What did you get at the regional swap?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Ashalye, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

Besides pizza, what did you get?

It was great to see everyone! I feel like I'm finally putting faces to usernames. I forgot to take photos of the event though.

Newjack likes this.
  2. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

A box of salt, a wiring harness, IC ballast with VHO's expansion socket for an ancient controller I cannot find...

Wlachnit likes this.
  3. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

it was really fun to see and meet a lot of the people on here! I picked up some toadstools, utter chaos, some encrusting montis (lots of mystic sunset at the monti table) and a blue polyp cap. also picked up a branching cyphastrea frag from @wfong

4. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

[​IMG]

orange leptoseris coral

this is the best thing I got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Ashalye likes this.
  5. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

To answer my own question, @coral4me and I picked up 23 new corals between the 2 of us. Mostly Zoas and Montis. :)

6. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

I got to HOLD baby Madison! that was priceless :p

7. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

like half the zoanthids table was also rasta zoas, just like the mystic sunset took over the monti table lol

8. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Rastas! Maybe next frag swap, maybe...

9. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

RR The Vinh, a nice mini colony of a blue Tenuis, Tryree Blue Matrix, and a WWC Bizarro. Also the Apex ATK (!), an Apex Par monitoring kit, RODI booster pump, and a few other odds and ends.

10. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

I got: mummy eye chalice, monti mystic sunset, green pavona, gold branching pavona, monti cap, monti spongodes, rasta zoas, and red digitata. Some members also gave us hollywood stunner for growth comparison, shrooms, an acro, micromussa, baby trochus snails, chaeto to set up a fuge basket in a BioCube clownfish tank, Star Wars frag plugs, and I got a pink branching cyphastrea to compare to our encrusting meteor shower. Wow!
    Yes, photos would be cool, but frags are still in cups because no one at school district "24-hr security" will pick up the phone or return my call to turn off the alarm. About to set up 5 gal bucket system for temporary frag/snail home. Or maybe I should just enter classroom and either get security response or find out my satellite building isn't alarmed after all.
    Anyway, I got all these corals unlike ones in our tanks, so students should think they are cool. I will have them watch part of an ocean video Monday morning and call them up a pair at a time to aquastik a frag onto rock in our frag tank. We have a bunch of unmounted ones to add with the new ones, since students cleaning or feeding tanks sometimes results in unplanned fragging.
    Thanks everyone - it was a fun time! I look forward to hopefully being able to attend monthly events. Thanks to vendors, raffle donors, people who brought pizza and all the swap/club supplies, checked in and organized corals, and arranged the venue!

Coral reefer and ashburn2k like this.
  11. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  12. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

Blue Tenius,
    Branching Cyphastrea
    Acro Nana
    Pink Milli
    Hollywood Stunner
    Bicolor birds nest
    Rainbow Monti cap
    Idaho grape Monti cap
    MP10wqd

And.... it was Great to see everyone and meet some new faces...well, at least put new face to familiar names!

13. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Lesse I got a Blue digitata and a forest fire digitata, a "lime green" monti cap, and a "Petal" monti cap (looks like half of it was shaded by the rest of the monti, also picked up a purple birdsnest and a green & red favia (that I dropped on the ground, cracked the container so was obligated to take :D

14. Yippee

Yippee Supporting Member

Apple Berry Monti
    Starburst Monti
    AquaSD Rainbow Table
    BubbleGum Digitata
    Green Red Acro
    Rainbow Monti

DEATH BY SNU SNU likes this.
  15. DEATH BY SNU SNU

DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

enaldy likes this.
  16. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

RR The Vinh @Vhuang168 ...actually met the real Vinh which this coral is named after. Cool dude and wanted it just to say I have it. Will be picking up a couple of pieces of sps from him next month when I head down to SoCal (RR USA OP & RR orange machine).
    Smaller of the two bleached red dragon @coral4me ...sucker for punishment. Let's see if 3rd time is the charm...
    Mini carpet anemone @coral4me ...for the rock with the coralline that was on it :D

On another note, I spotted @FeliciaLynn at Aquatic Collection. Didn't get a chance to say hi since I had to be back in Santa Clara for another get together.

17. wfong

wfong Supporting Member

Colony of Fruit Loops zoas@IBN
    Colony of Tubbs Blue zoas@NewJack

100+ coral eating planaria from an unknown Tenuis. ( I used Coral RX to kill and 8X magnified glass to see those bugger) Hand clean the cyano bacteria on the plug and out jumped a good size fire worm hiding under the cyano.
    Just a reminder.When you get home with your swap frags, Inspect for disease and parasites or you'll be sorry.

fishdoctor and Newjack like this.
  18. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

yeah like half the people from the swap went to AC after lol. a superman monti i got had 2 flatworms fall off

19. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I am betting that they were the red planaria from a frag from anathema? If so those are not coral eaters. Definitely not the same as aefw acro eating flat worms.

Newjack likes this.
  20. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Peter and I had a great time. It was great meeting some members that we hadn't met yet. Thanks to Ashburn, MolaMola, Enaldy, and Chromis for giving us frags and @roostertech for the feather duster - We appreciate it!! Cant wait till next near! Thanks to all that helped make this event possible.
    Mark and Peter