got ethical husbandry?

What did you get from the 2012 member swap?

houser

Past President
Grabbed some macro from the table outside the pen, a green monti with red polyps from Norm, and a mystery frogspawn.
I didn't look too hard, but in talking with folks it seemed like there were a few scores out there. If you snooze, you lose I reckon!

Golden Eye chalice
Pumpkin Patch echino
Bri-Ian favia
unknown chalice
Merulina

Thanks Dudley, Boun, and Houser for putting those in the swap. Nice that those are floating around in the club, especially when we lose our corals sometimes.

That green/red monti has some LE name, but I can't remember what the heck it is, haha. Got it fom Ian a while back.

yeah I'm in the "not looking too hard" category as well, stayed away from the SPS table mostly just wanted something that sounded interesting that I could grow out and put back into a future swap or something :D

Acan lord from Sergio, it looks like greenish, however I thought I saw some other colors in it... that or the tuna sandwich I ate was doing something to me.
Grabbed an orangish/red yuma from Russel as is my yearly tradition, this time it actually was attached to a rock woohoo! and there's two of them!
Got a "pinkish/purple" zoanthid plug
Grabbed "Bam Bam" zoas because we were arguing over what colors they were to someone who didn't end up getting them, and I'm putting that one to rest!
Then I got some yellow parazoanthid on a frag plug with a crust of glue on top that was labeled "Rasta"
Then I got a flat mushroom of some sort that had a case of reef herpies labelled in a cup that said "lunar eclipse paly"

Parazoanthus and reef herpes labeled as nicer stuff. Hopefully those were unintentional mistakes.

I like how Ian and others used to label stuff. Super nice frags labeled as "some random acan" and "brown chalice", haha.

Hehehe Norman yeah Ian had a way to make sure people didn't just jump on everything he put in.

The bad thing is this was the same person I think, since the containers were exactly the same, the handwriting looked similar on the lids, I'm guessing last minute packing & writing stuff down really fast screw up. Upside is I really didn't care that much .. .well ok the parazoanthus isn't exactly something I want in my tank (aren't they on the do not bring list?) but the mushroom is welcomed and can go in the frag tank and just do what mushrooms do.:D

I got some nice stuff I'm happy with
Pumpkin Patch chalice- thanks DSWong
Unknown LPS that's looks like a morph of a zoa colony & a chalice.
zoas- unknown from Sergio. these are pretty cool, red with while speckles.
Zoas- labeled as Armor of Gods which have the longest necks I've ever seen on zoas
Sunset Monti
Rainbow Monti

Wish I had more to contribute.

see this is why I name things with silly names, I just looked up a pic of "golden eye chalice" and sure enough I have it... hell I have 2 of it :D

CookieJar said:

I saw that one! Cool weird looking thing. Would like to see that one grown out and under tank lighting.

Maybe a turbinaria, now that I think about it. What color is it?

sfsuphysics said:
see this is why I name things with silly names, I just looked up a pic of "golden eye chalice" and sure enough I have it... hell I have 2 of it :D

I had a piece of Golden Eye from James at Aquascene for the longest time. I thought I lost it a couple years back, but it may have grown back from a tiny scrap. Not quite sure if the one I have is the O.G. one. So wanted to get the one from Dudley, 'cause his was from James also.

Mr. Ugly said:
CookieJar said:

I saw that one! Cool weird looking thing. Would like to see that one grown out and under tank lighting.

Maybe a turbinaria, now that I think about it. What color is it?
Is this the one from me you guys are talking about? If you figure out what it is let me know because I've had it for months and I'm still baffled as to what it is. Atlantis Aquarium threw it in as a freebie with one of my purchases and they didn't seem to know quite what it was either.

BTW, here's a picture of the original piece when I first got it.
1449wqo.jpg

What did i get ? .............lets see i think ....harassed , searched for weapons, pulled aside because I was taking to long to choose a frag , even got a "time out" during of of my picking sessions :p Mike and dudley are two hardcore reefers in charge of the coral picking area , I'm just glad they did not have tasers or mace at their disposal :D

Actually I picked up a turbinaria and green psammacora from Houser , green spogodes from Fingerwrinkles,frogspawn from Newhobby,blue tenius from Gimmito and a DBTC Bamm Bamms from Icon. Also recieved some more of Lattehiatus infamous snails :)

I got a neon green frog spawn, neon green candy cane, green ricordia (which has pink in it, I thought it was really nice), gorilla nipple zoas, dragon eye zoas, candy cane zoas and some eagle eye zoas that are in my tank, but will go in to Denzil's eventually. Also went to Neptune's on the way home and picked up a bright pink frag, not sure what it is, I'll have to take pics later. Also got some of the bright green mushrooms from the freebie table, just because.

Lots of green stuff, haha. But it's made the already interesting tank even more interesting. Denzil picked out a few for me with the plans on fragging it and sticking it into his future tank. :)

Thank you every one! It was super fun!

I picked up lots from Boun (unknown chalice, Tyree war coral, Miami Hurricane?), Vince's ricordea, Robin's cloves, and a Stargazer? paly. Lot's of color. Thank you everyone.

CookieJar said:
yes, Felicia it was that one. Here's a pic. sorry for color- it's in my frag tank which is overly heavy blue lighting. it's next tot the pumpkin patch chalice (dswong) for reference.

For some reason your photo isn't showing up for me. I really wonder what it is exactly. I just know its some sort of LPS. Let me know how it does and if you ever figure out exactly what it is because I've been curious since I got it.

Back