Cali Kid Corals

What do you feed your SPS corals?

What does everyone feed their SPS tanks? I been feeding RN oysterfeast and RN phytofeast but would like to know if there are other products that I can use just to change it up. Maybe something better that the pros can recommend.

Also, I only feed the above mentioned maybe twice a week if that. Should I be feeding more often?

RN rotifeast, cyclop-eeze.

I've been getting more into just cyclop-eeze lately and am quite happy. My stylo's just filter it right on out of the water - pretty cool to watch them eat. Cyclop-eeze is on the bigger side, so the one-two punch with rotifeast is a winner.

I probably feed (now) like every 2 days or so. I don' t have many fish FYI, so the corals are starved if I don' t supplement.

I haven't tried rotifeast or cyclop-eeze, Think I'll give it a try when i pick up more food. Also when you feed, do you shut off your skimmer? I recently started shutting it off for a few hours when feeding then back on later. My skimmer is over sized for my tank so I'm afraid I'll be pulling out the food too soon.

Way back when Gresham said to put a little OF in there to get em ready then hit them with the RF a few minutes later. Seems one drop of OF primes that pump in my system.

I think an equally effective method could simply be to feed at appropriate times, say after lights out or first thing in the morning when it's still dark and those polyps are out and hungry. That's how it works in my tank at least.

I keep the skimmer on.

BRS Reef Chilli. Typically I turn off all pumps and the skimmer for about 5 minutes. Then the power heads turn on. Then 5 minutes later the main pump. Then 30 minutes later the skimmer turns on.

Back