Jestersix

What do you have your Radions set at?

Hello Reefers,
I recently purchased 3 EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Gen3 Pro LED Light Fixtures.

There are a ton of options for timing and light mixture and intensity and I am curious to know how others are setting their fixtures.

Below is a screenshot of where I have mine set. I am about in the middle of my 4 week acclimation period so the purple line on the graph represents where the intensity is currently.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

FYI....My tank is 6 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet and the lights are about 8 inches off the water.

upload_2015-2-3_10-52-41.png
upload_2015-2-3_10-52-41.png

Will greatly depend on the type of corals youre growing (softies, lps, sps, mixed reef)

Radions are way out of my budget. I run two kessil 360we's. But I want to own radions :p

It is pleasing to look at where I have set it. In fact I have been blown away by the shimmer and complexity of the color in the lights. I am hoping my electricity bill will be a bit more pleasing to look at as well. I was running 3 200 Watt metal halides so yea that left a mark every month.

I have lps and sps corals, bunch or rock and 3 tangs. they all seem pretty happy so far. Famous last words right.

The photoperiod is longer than I have ever had so I am taking a bit of a risk there. My idea was to imitate what fish and corals would experience in nature to some degree. If algae breaks out I can toggle it back.

So my AI Hydra is on a similar light cycle time sunrise around 9 and sunset around 8. I don't have any problems, but I peak at only about 35%-40% total output for the entire fixture.

My experience is that violet and true violet will burn the crap out of you corals even if you think the light is dim. Humans can't really see this wavelength. I've got those two channels down really low. If you are coming from a different light source, I'd highly recommend that you lower these two channels and then raise them slowly over a few weeks.

Thanks Blu, that is interesting. I am poking through the Hydra Settings thread Hilgert started in 2013 right now. Its 105 pages long so its going to take some time but by page 5 folks seem to have the UV scaled back a bit.

I'm running two Radion Gen2 Pro with the same intensity at 55% from 3PM to 11PM, then switch to all Blue @5% from 11PM to 1AM for moon light then shut it off at 2AM. My tank is 4x2x2 (120gal).

Sounds very analogous to my tank set up. Any chance you can post a screenshot of your color selection? Or do the Gen2 work like that?

Back