Jestersix

What does it take to make something like this??

infinity3.jpg

Trying to figure out how to make a pendant/fixture for my 40G breeder. I can build a canopy but want to see if I can make something nice. I want the top of the tank open and not covered by the canopy..

a single piece of sheet metal could make that entire top part, roof flashing material might be too thin unless you have some sort of structure under it. clip out the sides and cut vents, a couple pipes along the edges to hold the strength, distance, and to keep that curve. What's inside the guts however probably standard reflector stuff.

Do able without out TOO fancy of tools or anything, however being as you can get a DE pendant from someplace like HelloLights for $35 that's very simplistic I don't know if I'd bother with that.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5072.msg62256#msg62256 date=1225750073]
Ahh you want to cram all of that, into something that looks like the picture?

[/quote]
Yeah :D .. one small MH pendant and 2xT5s on the sides..
Here is what inside that pendant..
infinity1.jpg

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=5072.msg62257#msg62257 date=1225750404]
Just get an old odyssea fixture. I think Ben out in concord had one posted up awhile back .. Save yourself the hassle..
[/quote]
Is he the guy that like to trade stuff instead of selling on RC? He doesn't post pics of any of the stuff he has. Suck to drive all the way out there and drive back empty hand.

[quote author=Paradox link=topic=5072.msg62263#msg62263 date=1225751664]
Id make it out of wood =)
[/quote]

Wood for the frame and cover with metal sheet?? :D That is my plan but I have never work work with metal sheet before. I don't know how hard it is to bend. :-

Back