Reef nutrition

What happened to the Kessil tour thread?

Event Recap:
What: Kessil Facility Tour
When: 1:00pm sharp on Saturday, July 20th
Where: 1689 Regatta Blvd., Richmond, CA 94804

1. Each member will receive a PM with my contact information. Please plan to get to Richmond on time.
2. If your RSVP included a guest, please do bring your guest. Earlier we wanted to ensure that there is sufficient room for all interested BAR members before allowing guest participants.
3. Prepare for mandatory fun, lighting geeks! The Kessil production team will be showing us unfinished LEDs, arrays, and units from their non-aquatic lines.

Here is the final list of participants:
bondolo
CookieJar
denzil
euod
FeliciaLynn
JAR (+1)
lattehiatus (+1)
Layla
mattcoug (+1)
mjbrown9
Mray2660 (+1)
patrickb
pinner (+1)
Piper
Raddogz (+1)
RichieT
robert4025 (+1)
rtom
sfsuphysics (+1)
tr1gger (+1)
vk999
xulio

Bring your cameras, but if in doubt about confidentiality make sure you have express permission from the Kessil folks!

Okay, I guess we can ask them while we're there or can you get a hold of them ahead of time? It would save me the trouble of bringing the camera and tripod or not. :)

Okay, I guess we can ask them while we're there or can you get a hold of them ahead of time? It would save me the trouble of bringing the camera and tripod or not. :)

Sorry for the delay on the final word on photography: The Kessil team will make it very clear when we encounter anything they do not want photographed, so haul out the cameras, lenses, and tripods! :D

Thanks to everyone who came out for the tour. I am relieved nobody got lost and ended up in the Iron Triangle (here's looking at you, sfsuphysics ;)). The only person that signed up and didn't make it out to the tour had some lame excuse about having to unbox 9 cartons of corals. :p

Special thanks to the Kessil team (David, Bob, Kim, and Gary) for showing us their workplace on a Saturday.

Great photos, Denzil! I like the various depth of field used in the shots of the different fixtures lined up. :)

I didn't end up in the Iron Triangle... ok maybe I did, I don't know the east bay well enough to know. But I was coming from Walnut Creek, and my wife suggested cutting over the hill instead of taking the freeway... and yeah needless to say had a bit of friction in general because she wanted to go to Walnut Creek before the thing, so due to the Caldecott craphole drove an extra hour and a half and, barely made the tour.

Thanks to everyone who came out for the tour. I am relieved nobody got lost and ended up in the Iron Triangle (here's looking at you, sfsuphysics ;)). The only person that signed up and didn't make it out to the tour had some lame excuse about having to unbox 9 cartons of corals. :p

Special thanks to the Kessil team (David, Bob, Kim, and Gary) for showing us their workplace on a Saturday.

Great photos, Denzil! I like the various depth of field used in the shots of the different fixtures lined up. :)

I heard that! :p

Sorry I didn't really get to chat with David and Denzil at the end of the tour. Angela was pushing me to go home. Even after explaining twice prior to the tour, she was under the impression Kessil made fish tanks. Needless to say, she got bored pretty quick LOL. Great tour and very informative. For some reason now I am itching for a kessil product :p

I was impressed by the facility. I imagined Kessil as a much smaller company.
It seems quite clear they are here to stay and we will only see good things coming from them in the future.

Sorry I didn't really get to chat with David and Denzil at the end of the tour. Angela was pushing me to go home. Even after explaining twice prior to the tour, she was under the impression Kessil made fish tanks. Needless to say, she got bored pretty quick LOL. Great tour and very informative. For some reason now I am itching for a kessil product :p

Hah, no worries. We'll just have to catch up at the next BAR event.

Back