Cali Kid Corals

What is your dry fish food of choice?

I just buy the OSI brang stuff from Pet Smart, but I'm guessing there is something better. I'm just afraid of fish health and waste. I also feed sinking herbivore pellets.

Occassionally I give them Mysis/d shrimp, but I don't think that's all too great for the herbivores.

I keep meaning to make DIY fish food as we learned in the Club fish food meeting, but haven't got around to it.
Luckily, our old blender is available for me to grind goo, since I bought my wife a VitaMix last year!

V

I mix formula 1 + 2 small pellets in one auto-feeder.
Prime reef flakes in another.
Plus various dried seaweed on a clip. <- Key for the herbivores.

(Plus various frozen cubes.)

I mix soaked NLS 0.5/1 mm pellets into my DIY mixture cubes.

I don't buy seafood to make my own fish food. I buy various frozen foods, take out portions, defrost, mix then put the mixture in ice cube trays to freeze.

There is a little bit of everything, LRS, mysis, brine shrimp, NLS pellets, coral frenzy etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For dry food I alternate daily between prime reef flakes and Hikari marine S. I feed dry food in the morning and frozen food at night. Frozen food alternates between formula 1 and 2, mysis, and prawn eggs.

I'm a fan of New Life Spectrum and Hikari Algae Pellets. All 1mm size.

Occasionally feed frozen mysis and spirulina brine shrimp.

Corals also eat mysis/brine and Coral Frenzy Pellets

I mixed Formula One, Formula Two, Spirulina Flake, Cobalt Flake, NLS, Reef Chilli, Coral Frenzy, Reef Roid, Hikari Coral Delight, and freeze dried Cyclopeez. Fish and coral eat good!

is that all in one feeding? wow that is a lot of food mixed together

Yep! That way, when I feed, everything from special feeders like Goniopora, SPS, Herbiovore all get proper diet. There's probably more to it then what I listed. Essentially, it's everything I had in the shop...lol. I just mixed up a 5gal batch at a time and then vacuum seal it into small portions. I kept them in the fridge after so they last for a very long time.

I mixed Formula One, Formula Two, Spirulina Flake, Cobalt Flake, NLS, Reef Chilli, Coral Frenzy, Reef Roid, Hikari Coral Delight, and freeze dried Cyclopeez. Fish and coral eat good!
Reef Roids... one of the best (it's the best IMO) coral feeds on the market!!! I bet you'd never thought you'd hear me say that, probably thought I'd say RN? :)

Reef Roids... one of the best (it's the best IMO) coral feeds on the market!!! I bet you'd never thought you'd hear me say that, probably thought I'd say RN? :)

You'r just full of surprises, Gresh...lol.

You know what else is surprising? I am actually starting to like Hikari Coral Delight a lot. I was giving Cerissa craps about it because she swore by it. LPS goes crazy for it. Between that and Reef Roid, it's the ultimate dry mix for corals, at least for me.

Neptune Cross Over Diet after the AFS came out.
I have been trying that lately also.
Works great in an Eheim feeder. (Couldn't resist) :p

Great resealable packaging. No opinions on the food itself yet.
I hope that micro-film dissolves very fast though, because the fish eat it instantly.

Back