Neptune Aquatics

What kinda of media do you recommend in sump area of Biocube?

What kind of filter media do you recommend for the overflow area behind a 14 gallon biocube? Carbon? Gfo? Chemiclean? Biopellets?

Whatever it is, it will be passively filtering because there is no reactor device.

For something small like that, I'd say Purigen and Chemipure. Chemipure contains both carbon and GFO. This way it comes pre-bagged and you just toss a correctly sized bag onto your media rack.

For something small like that, I'd say Purigen and Chemipure. Chemipure contains both carbon and GFO. This way it comes pre-bagged and you just toss a correctly sized bag onto your media rack.
Don't forget to rinse! Also, chemipure elite are WAY expensive for what you get, and they don't have much phosphate removing capacity either. Definitely more economical to buy carbon and gfo from brs.

Definitely more economical to buy carbon and gfo from brs.

If you are interesdted in what Mike is saying...I have the BRS dual reactor and would be willing to sell it and also have carbon & GFO to go with it...just PM me...could bring it to the workshop if you are going tomorrow?

Back