High Tide Aquatics

What photography questions would you like to ask April's guest speaker Gary Parr ?

I assume he will cover the equipment he uses so I won't ask! ;)

Does he use remote flash? How?

What suggestions does he have for white balance using DSLRs?

What suggestions does he have for white balance using point and shoot cameras (that usually don't have extensive WB controls)?

Any tips for taking pics at public aquariums like Steinhart?

I'm really looking forward to this.

I'd like to know if he has suggestions for how to photograph best under different types of lights. I've noticed its a lot different getting a good shot under LEDs than T5s.

Like Felicia, I'd like to know any tricks to get better shots under the heavily "blue" light conditions in our tanks. Simple filters, additional lights, etc.

I'd really like to avoid going into Photoshop (or similar) to tweak raw pictures. But if there are some quick tips there, I'm all ears.

Julio

aqua-nut said:
I assume he will cover the equipment he uses so I won't ask! ;)

Does he use remote flash? How?

What suggestions does he have for white balance using DSLRs?

What suggestions does he have for white balance using point and shoot cameras (that usually don't have extensive WB controls)?

Any tips for taking pics at public aquariums like Steinhart?

I'm really looking forward to this.

Flash for fish. I'll show you how. Have used flash for coral, but only in certain situations. I'll show you.
I'll definitely cover white balance for DSLRs and P&Ss
Public aquariums will also be discussed with examples from the Steinhart
I'm looking forward to it, too.
Gary

FeliciaLynn said:
I'd like to know if he has suggestions for how to photograph best under different types of lights. I've noticed its a lot different getting a good shot under LEDs than T5s.

It's simply a matter of adjusting the white balance. We'll talk about that subject, which can be frustrating.
Gary

Aqua-nut,
Yes, I talk about the equipment I use. Most of the time I talk too much about equipment. It's a flaw I have.
Gary

Back