Cali Kid Corals

What Test Kit Are You Using For Alk, Ca, Mg?

600 plus reagents for 90 a month is pretty steep IMO.
started with API back in 2009 went to elos and tropic marin. Now its PO4 and ALK is hanna and MG is salifert and

Is this what you think reagents will cost for the Trident or something else?

If for the Trident, it will be $40 for a 2 month pack based on testing alk x4, ca x3, Mg x2 per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can adjust the number of times it tests a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to put this to rest -- a $40.00 two month pack could easily last 3-4 months or about $10.00 a month. Many diligent reefers test at least Alk once a day with a Hanna checker and that's about the same cost of the reagent per month for that, plus with the Trident you are testing for Calc and Mag.

@Vhuang168 could probably answer this more definitively than I can but my understanding is that you will be able to schedule the frequency of the testing to whatever you want (within the physical limitations of the machine), but there is concern over how long the reagents will be good for once they are opened. I believe Neptune has given a suggested schedule for usage and that it can be extended to twice that, but it is not recommended beyond that. I’m sure people will try to get as much out of them as possible so we’ll see in the first few months of it being released what happens.

Q3 now eh. Is that for production/distribution or is that for NSI?

I'm looking forward to seeing this, especially since I test alk daily. Being able to see what the alk values is constantly is especially useful just to see how much the corals are uptaking and how much I have to tweak the reactor.

Q3 now eh. Is that for production/distribution or is that for NSI?

I'm looking forward to seeing this, especially since I test alk daily. Being able to see what the alk values is constantly is especially useful just to see how much the corals are uptaking and how much I have to tweak the reactor.

Q3 is for public consumption. That is as far as I am told.

Back