got ethical husbandry?

What the hell happened

I feel so, so marginalized j/k. If you get a chance just PM me some info on MR. BTW, does BAR do anything formally with public schools etc.? I'm working on a project at my son's elementary school setting up 3 small systems. We have several other members interested in this kind of thing too. I going to be opening a MR forum specifically for discussing "philanthropic reefing projects."

Well right now the only defininition of "current BAR member" as far as the forums go mean that you pay your $20 dues. Did I mention that non members don't have PM access either.

That mean treasurer guy made me do it. We have to pay for webhosting etc somehow.

Begin influx of paypal payments.

[quote author=prattreef link=topic=3036.msg33080#msg33080 date=1202931711]
I feel so, so marginalized j/k. If you get a chance just PM me some info on MR. BTW, does BAR do anything formally with public schools etc.? I'm working on a project at my son's elementary school setting up 3 small systems. We have several other members interested in this kind of thing too. I going to be opening a MR forum specifically for discussing "philanthropic reefing projects."
[/quote]

I don't think we have anything like that currently, but there are a few teachers here who have setup tanks in their classrooms and some of the members have donated.

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=3036.msg33086#msg33086 date=1202932073]
[/quote]

I don't think we have anything like that currently, but there are a few teachers here who have setup tanks in their classrooms and some of the members have donated.
[/quote]

That's pretty much where it stands now with us too, but I would like to create a space for people to be able to discuss these projects-- teachers share lesson plans, support each other, share strategies etc.

I don't want to totally hijack this thread, but here is a link to what I did last year. This year we added a third system.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/21611-marine-aquariums-educational-tools.html

[/quote]

Not exactly for school but does this count?? :)

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=1656.0

More info on Steinhart
http://www.calacademy.org/index.php

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=3036.msg33033#msg33033 date=1202928844]if you notice it is the same 20 or so people posting and trading. i think we should heavily focus on this at a meeting. and let people know that any coral is a good coral for DBTC. just so we can get some more common stuff for people who don't meet the criteria for say some monti setosa, or undata, or TPM. my 2 cents
[/quote]

DBTC shouldn't be about trading :D

Definately any coral is good for DBTC. I post that periodically to remind people.

The X-Treme stuff only started last November after DBTC had been quiet for a while.

Wasn't the True Leng Sy the first coral posted in DBTC? That's available to anyone that's good with montis, which are pretty easy.

There are lots of non-demanding corals in DBTC :D

insert soapbox emoticon!

[size=10pt][size=10pt]SLOW DOWN WITH THE DBTC THREADS OR I'LL LOSE MY JOB!!!!!!!![/size][/size]

Ok not really but DANG people slow down, I can't keep up.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3036.msg33085#msg33085 date=1202931936]
That mean treasurer guy made me do it. We have to pay for webhosting etc somehow.

[/quote]

Ummm hello all those DBTC entries are sure to do much worse for our total bandwidth usage than allowing non-members to post!! :)

In the helping others out vain, I have a few local troubled kids I work with. I've setup tanks and showed them how to get started in the hobby. They seem to like it more than smoking Meth so that's a good thing. Every little bit helps with these little guys in recovery, I know first hand.

Back