High Tide Aquatics

Whats a good Critter to stick in a frag tank?

I just set-up a small 6 gallon frag tank and attached the plumbing to my display. I wanted to get a fish or ? To keep it clean, have any suggestions?
Also there is no substrate in the tank, its just bare acrylic so this "critter" would have to NOT be effected by this. I could possibly add sand if there is a benefit to it.

Thanks

If you're looking for something to get a job done, get a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp. They clean pretty good in my tanks.
If you're looking for something that will be pretty to look at, get sexy shrimp. They're really cute, inexpensive, and I suppose they would scavenge crap out of the tank being that they're shrimp.

Once things are stable, a tail spot blenny. You will need to supplement it's diet since it won't get enough from pure grazing in a tank that small.

My tsb only 'kisses' the glass, never touched a polyp, I doubt he'd bother any corals. If you get one you should put a rock that has walls or is cup shaped so as to provide protection from the flow. They like to rest in areas out of the flow.

I have a tail spot blenny in the main tank, but I wont be able to catch him! Im going to wait a little while for the new tank to build up some goodies for the special critter I decide. Thanks for the help.

Damsel fish eat some algae; are cheap and hardy. Also Coral Banded Shrimp are great scavengers and are very pretty.

SPLASH-shrimp.jpg

Back