Jestersix

Whats going on with RC?

Boreman got a bit flustered with someone about a DSB/BB discussion, and that might have something to do with him going away for a bit. Calfo is on holiday (although the fact they locked the forum is strange to say the least..) Dr Ron is having problems with his personal life I believe so is stepping away for a wile

All because the DSB/BB debate..
Not only those guys.. Bomber, gregt, galleon are "gone" too.. They are no longer RC staff/mods

Geeze, and I thought we had issues.

I hope all the best to these people. Reading the Bomber thread on going bare-bottom was one of the biggest reasons of why I ditched my crushed coral.

I'm still glad I did it. I will also say as written in someone's tag line that sand beds work for some applications and sometimes it doesn't.

Ah ha! So its illegal to have a bare bottomed tank.. I KNEW IT!

But anyways, I've seen posts over there in the forum feedback (in my little twisted perverted way it's become my favorite forum now :D) and seeing things like "RC seems to be dead without these people" or "The signal to noise ratio of these forums now is now low.." and makes me sick of these "experts" and wish they never were there at all. It's almost amazing how much people can idolize others, neglecting the fact most advancements in reefkeeping have come from the average joe running a tank, sure they have expertise in one area or another, sure they have done research but its the average joe who screws things up royally who figures out "hey that's bad" more so than any expert.

I go to RC for the non-"experts" insights. I can learn a lot more about this subject talking someone who's in the same boat as me who's made the same mistakes as me, who's just as curious as me, not saying experts don't have their place, but they have to remember they need to act like teachers and not preachers, this is something I know from being an "expert" in my own field as well.

But anyways, I'll let that go I don't dislike any of them and I realize this post is starting to sound like I do *laugh* ;)

~Toodles.

Anytime money is involved I get a little suspicious. Paying experts on an online forum, imo, encourages guruism, and I think guruism is really dangerous. Its one of the reasons I like RDO - the attitude seems to be that everyone experience is valid and informative.

Wow I cant belive I am so interested. I just read all that stuff. How crazy the accusations are. Chris T-T-Trigger stayed at Bombers house in florida so I know he exists. And jmo but I have to think its a little fishy the way they care so much about bombers corals education etc.. and I think its too conisidental that Bomber was ther biggest critic. He had nothing to lose but they have their expert status on the line.

Radiolunatic said:
Which one is the thread are you talking about? Anybody have the link?

Dr. Ron's blog for today, as well as the comments will give you more insight, kinda fills in the blank JohnL's comments. What a soap opera.

Back