Cali Kid Corals

Whats going on with RC?

Nothing on topic brought this out, it was all basicly off BB topic. The thread diverted, and went into troubled legal waters.

Here have fun... The second thread is removed....
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=727278&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Elite said:
Here have fun... The second thread is removed....
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=727278&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Yah, but that half of the viewable thread really isn't as bad as what you'll never see again (the half after the split).

From what I gathered by the blog rants, is it really had nothing to do with BB vs DSB, but that just happened to be thread where all hell broke loose.

Synopsis:
Someone posted a picture of their tank (probably as "evidence" of why XX system works)
One of the "experts" noticed a coral and knew that particular piece came from protected waters (I don't know the coral, nor how one could tell, but i do recall during the acan lord fad this was often mentioned)
Stuff happened between, people argued, information was posted, posts were deleted, everyone involved got a time out :)

Not RDO, that's for sure :p Not RAG, nor Reeffrontiers. Dunno where they went, just know they went :D

they did dr ron and eric as well. dr ron's is less the flatterring IMO :p

makes sense to me. They wanna be paid to play, so why not a etailer that makes a load of money? Heck, they won't be able to bash products that MD carries :D Wonder what this will due for their credibility?

I don't see it as that big of a problem. It's not like their previous home, ReefCentral isn't a commercial site. They don't sell products themselves, but the site is still sponsor driven.

Also, MD isn't a product manufacturer, they just sell products. Even if the experts push or "bash" a particular product, people are still free to purchase that product wherever they want. Marine Depot doesn't sell any exclusives to my knowledge.

I know Ken and I've met his brother a few times. We also have many friends in common ;) He's exclusive driven, trust me, he has several ;) He may choose to sell them to others as a distributer though. I can't say what MD will do, but from my contact the them (brothers), they won't take any of the products they sell being bashed. They're 100% business, 100% of the time, as far as MD is concerned.

Back