Our mission

Whats wrong with my leopard wrasse (Macropharyngodon bipartitus) ?

Why is my leopards colors looking pale? When i got it, its upper part was a nice bright orange color now its looking pale. Been a little over a month now since introduced in the tank. other fish in the tank leave it alone so dont think its stress issue. I feed rods food and it eats like a pig. I feed about a half inch piece twice a day. Tank is stable, good amount of sand. all other live stock is thriving.

Last time i tested....about week ago.
CAL 480
ALK 8.6 DKH
MAG 1350
NITRATE 0
PHOS 0

I just realized how old my nitrate test kit is so i may need to get a new one...hopefully its not a big difference.

Any idea what the problem might be? Would hate to lose it especially if its something that i might be overlooking.

They acclimate horribly to aquarium life, could just be that fact alone.

I doubt any of your test kits can show 0, more like it's "below the resolution of the test kit" :D

GreshamH said:
They acclimate horribly to aquarium life, could just be that fact alone.
I doubt any of your test kits can show 0, more like it's "below the resolution of the test kit" :D

Hopefully it comes back...its such a bad ass fish imo. My LFS had them for a little over 3 weeks before i picked one up. They were looking great and eating in the store. Should i try switching or alternating different foods?

Meant to say "does not register on the kit". :p

Just busting your chops about the 0 :lol:

yah I would try different foods for sure. Give each one you try a few days though at least/

What are you feeding now, and how often?

Figured you were Gresh, no offense taken either way! :beer:

Right now I feed Rods food and i mix in extra mysis and spirulina brine. about a half teaspoon twice a day. Was thinking of picking up some flake or pellets. What do you all suggest for flakes or pellets?

copper is also for over all fish health. Most quality fish feeds (pellets & flakes) should have some in there.

The first few months with leopards are touch & go...I've lost one out of four divided leopards myself. I suggest you switch to feeding PE mysis & soak in selcon twice weekly. Good luck!

... I've had a few of these guys... and if you say She's acting alright, poking around the rocks, eating well, etc, sounds a bit dubious that it's disease or stress... you sure She's not becoming a He?

31211_large.jpg

Back