Our mission

What's Your Day Job?

Not sure how I missed this thread! I'm a manager for an equipment rental company. The location I currently manage is on-site in one of the Bay Area refineries.

No, I do not get a discount on gas :/

~Charlie

I was a prototype engineer at a semiconductor company. About a year ago, I quit the job and work for my wife at Neptune Aquatics...hehe. I am now an official fish geek and proud of it. I wish the money is a little better though because cleaning fish poop and cutting corals every day kinda get old sometime...lol. But I get to sleep in past 9AM! YAH!

robert4025 said:
I was a prototype engineer at a semiconductor company. About a year ago, I quit the job and work for my wife at Neptune Aquatics...hehe. I am now an official fish geek and proud of it. I wish the money is a little better though because cleaning fish poop and cutting corals every day kinda get old sometime...lol. But I get to sleep in past 9AM! YAH!

Hehe, cool! I didn't realize you were an engineer before. The money CAN be better if you're interested in putting more effort in making Neptune Aquatics a nationwide name. :)

denzil said:
robert4025 said:

Hehe, cool! I didn't realize you were an engineer before. The money CAN be better if you're interested in putting more effort in making Neptune Aquatics a nationwide name. :)

It already is a nationwide name :)

New product development of capital equipment for a semiconductor company. We develop, build and test the latest and greatest chip making equipment for our company.

and...... a part time diaper cleaner at home.

denzil said:
robert4025 said:

Nah...we're big enough and make enough to pay for every day living expenses. That's good enough for us. Bigger shop and more money just give us more headache and less freedom to enjoy the little things in life. Beside, you wouldn't want us to more expensive than we already are right? LOL.

Although I do want a dozen kids some day though so I could use a little extra money. Just don't tell Cerissa about my plan and the kids. It will be a surprise for her...haha

robert4025 said:
denzil said:
robert4025 said:

Nah...we're big enough and make enough to pay for every day living expenses. That's good enough for us. Bigger shop and more money just give us more headache and less freedom to enjoy the little things in life. Beside, you wouldn't want us to more expensive than we already are right? LOL.

Although I do want a dozen kids some day though so I could use a little extra money. Just don't tell Cerissa about my plan and the kids. It will be a surprise for her...haha

I wasn't talking about creating a bigger shop or adding more shops, I was specifically talking about more internet marketing and more appearances at events and conferences. Of course, that would require you actually being there but hey, that's part of running a business. You could make a business trip for a conference somewhere and relax at the same time! :p

denzil said:
You could make a business trip for a conference somewhere and relax at the same time! :p

You'll have to get a dictionary for the LFS owners to look up the word "relaxation" - I'm quite certain they don't know the meaning of the word! :bigsmile:

denzil said:
robert4025 said:
denzil said:
robert4025 said:

I wasn't talking about creating a bigger shop or adding more shops, I was specifically talking about more internet marketing and more appearances at events and conferences. Of course, that would require you actually being there but hey, that's part of running a business. You could make a business trip for a conference somewhere and relax at the same time! :p

Been to well over a hundred reef conferences and NONE have ever been relaxing :lol:

I bridge gaps.

(Woah 999 posts...My 1000th post will have to be something good if I remember and don't get sucked into random comments)

Back