Where can I purchase this?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Gonzo, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I'm installing my RO Unit under the sink in the kitchen at the new place. The picture shows the water line attaching to the flexible tubing. The part I am looking for is a T shaped plastic piece that I can install under the flex tubing and above the metal unit. Something like this:

http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/ro-tee-push-fit

Now I know the smarta$$ answer is for me to just purchase this guy online. But I don't want to wait a week for shipping. Would a Lowes or HD or OSH have something like this?

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/mail.jpeg

2. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

I know Home Depot does. It's in the bulk tubing isle.

3. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Lowes has em too.

4. That plastic T in the link is meant for 1/4" RO tubing. If I understand your post, you're looking to tee off the RO/DI input line from your cold water main under the sink, correct?

If so, you're probably looking at something more like this:
    [​IMG]

An Ace Hardware nearby had all the copper parts - it is one of those obsolete hardware stores where you tell the person behind the counter what you need and they fetch it for you, and luckily the staff knew what I was trying to accomplish. Most hardware stores will likely have the components you need. IIRC the blue valve right before the RO/DO input came with my RO/DI system.

Best of luck!

5. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

*pst, compression fittings don't need Teflon tape if it is a true compression fitting

6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

the threaded side needs tape though

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

For NPT type yes. For things like CGA (common on regulators) then no.

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Ace was missing some stuff, OSH was missing some stuff, so I just went to Lowes. They had everything except the shut off valve. I have a plastic shut off valve attached to the RO unit. Think that will work?

I don't want to mess with the plumbing untiil I've got everything.

9. Elite

Elite Guest

Then you are not installing them correctly.. Like Tony said no tape needed :) ..