High Tide Aquatics

Where to buy a Marineland Aquarium in the bay area

I am trying to find a shop which stocks marine land aquarium.. but had no luck finding one.. all the dealers on their site are no longer selling marine land aquarium. thoughts? I am looking for a 90 gallon tank.
Thanks!

Good luck bud. Marineland don't have have very good market share in this area so it's pretty expensive for small dealers to carry their tanks. There are some master distributors (where dealers buy their tanks from) in the area but they mostly carry small items from Marineland.

Alternatively, Deep Sea Aquatics has many dealers here in the bay area. My shop (Neptune Aquatics) is one of their newest dealer and we're slowly bringing in their line of premium aquariums. We currently have their NEO 105G rimless tanks (48"x24"x21") and 36"x24"x24" 90G tanks in stock.

We're bringing a pallet of tanks from them every two weeks so let us know if you want us to bring in anything in particular.

Robert

robert4025 said:
Good luck bud. Marineland don't have have very good market share in this area so it's pretty expensive for small dealers to carry their tanks. There are some master distributors (where dealers buy their tanks from) in the area but they mostly carry small items from Marineland.

Alternatively, Deep Sea Aquatics has many dealers here in the bay area. My shop (Neptune Aquatics) is one of their newest dealer and we're slowly bringing in their line of premium aquariums. We currently have their NEO 105G rimless tanks (48"x24"x21") and 36"x24"x24" 90G tanks in stock.

We're bringing a pallet of tanks from them every two weeks so let us know if you want us to bring in anything in particular.

Robert

Wow thanks and I just emailed DSA asking them where I can get their tank around here!!! Their web site is a little out dated

Many years ago, shortly after the "deep dimensions" tanks came out (and I wanted one), I asked about the tanks and sure enough just like Robert says... good luck. The way it was is one particular distributor (who shall remain nameless) that had a literal monopoly over this entire area (not just the bay area) refused to sell them, because they didn't want any competition for their own large tanks (sister company or parent company or something), this was the story relayed to me while I stood in the LFS while the owner called Central Pet (why a CP rep would give this info out I don't know). Anyways, I'm not sure how much, if any, of their policy changed since then, but I wouldn't be surprised if a similar"embargo" of Marineland tanks is still in place. Oddly enough they have no problem stocking Marineland's other products.

So options for a Marineland tank

1) If you're planning a road trip out of state (way out of state) and have the ability to store it in the car/truck, call a few LFSs in the direction you're going.
2) Dr Foster's & Smith carry certain ML tanks, they seem pricey, but I have no gauge to how much they should cost, and very often the price you see is the tank/stand/setup price, you often have to dig a little deeper for the tank-only price, do note that shipping might be pricey.
3) Ditch the idea of a Marineland tank, find a stock tank in a similar dimension that you want that you can get locally.

Thanks for the heads-up on some important things to do wisely. I am a newbie of this blog and can't surprise more to read the main theme of this resource. By the way I like your writing styles and make me easy to find whatever and whatever glowing or poor though. Looking forward more!
truth about abs

I have a Marineland tank, the 300 dd. Basically I had to place the order, pay up front for all of it & delivery which was very expensive, then they checked to see if there were any dealers interested in ordering tanks. Once they had other orders they refunded a portion of the freight costs, but whoever else ordered tanks then got a very good deal on shipping.

Back