Our mission

Where to buy water storage tanks?

rygh

BOD
BOD
Anyone know of any good places in the east bay to buy large plastic water storage tanks.

Or for that matter, anyone looking to sell one used?

I am looking for something in the 150G range for water changes.
Simple vertical tank.

Lots of places sell them online, but the shipping is usually more than the tank itself.

Which containers are the ones that are useful to us reefers? Looking at their website they all look rather expensive, or is $400 for a 100g water container a normal price?

Harrington looks good. But they seem to be rather expensive
Still cheaper than having it shipped though.

Example: Chem-Tainer, 160 gallon
Harrington : = $332
Tank Depot = $212 + $188 shipping = $400

Which containers are the ones that are useful to us reefers? Looking at their website they all look rather expensive, or is $400 for a 100g water container a normal price?

You want Chem-Tainer commercial series (IC), not the fancy IX.
But even then, prices are rather random.

Other brands (at other sites) = Ace/Denhartog, Norwesco, and Dura Cast

Mark: Yeah, just looked at another place (plastic-mart.com) and see that a water container that's in the 160g range is less than $200 but Harrington easily twice that, but then no shipping (other than you driving) so damned if you do damned if you don't.

Marc: Yeah I'd get one of those containers, even cheaper if you expand your scope out to the agricultural areas near Sacramento. However they always are those large metal cage reinforced tanks... which unfortunately are too damn large to fit through any doorway I have :D

Used would be OK with me, but like Mike mentioned, hard to find the vertical ones.

The funny thing : A 100G used aquarium is probably cheaper. :confused:

One option I have been considering is getting 2 or 3 of the cheap 55 gallon barrels.
Easy to move around. Used cost is about $25 or so each. Just pipe them together.

Well Mike's info is basically up the hill a stone's throw from me :D

If Mike (Coral reefer) wants two instead, we can work that way too. I don't absolutely need a salt mixing station, I still have a 40g rubbermade brute.

I can email them for a shipping quote on more than 4.
Not that big of a deal.

Hmmm ... we could ship them to you, and I could come and get my one tank.
At any rate, lets wait a bit, and see who is interested.

Back