Where to special order fish?

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by Erick, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Erick

Erick Guest

I'm looking for McCoskers Wrasse females and red spot cardinals. Robert @ Neptune says the female McCoskers are hard to find at the moment. But does anyone know of stores that does special orders for fish?

2. Joost_

Joost_ Guest

If Robert won't be able to get them it's not very likely another LFS will. Try Chris@ Aquatic central though.

3. Erick

Erick Guest

Robert doesn't like to do special orders. I can see why and don't blame him. But it leaves me looking for fish :)

4. melly mel

melly mel Guest

Check with Tek at blue ocean.

5. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Unlike corals, fish is a bit more tricky for me. I am pretty anal about the conditions they are in during their stay with wholesalers so I only buy them when I am confident about their health. Unfortunately, this shuts a lot of doors for my suppliers and that lead to very limit availability. That is why I don't do special order. I don't think you would like empty promise anyway... :bigsmile: I hope you understand.

Robert

6. nudibranch

nudibranch Guest

You should ask someone at the Steinhart where they got their Red Spot Cardinal.

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

They buy wholesale for the most part so that will not help. Asking a public aquarium whete they procure animals will undoubtingly fall on deaf ears. They arent a pet store, nor do they ever want people thinking they are. Once that line is crossed buckwts of massive Pacus show up.