Which Bayer Advanced!?!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Vhuang168, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Looking for specifics on which Bayer Advanced to buy to use as a dip. There has to be almost 10 different varieties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tskiller

Tskiller Guest

This exact one should do the trick:

[​IMG]

Works great for me.

Enderturtle likes this.
  3. Vhuang168

Cool. Same one I picked up. What are the dosages?

4. Tskiller

Tskiller Guest

Most people do something like 10ml for every 4 ounces and a 10-15 minute soak.

I do 25 ish (to be honest I eyeball it half the time) ml in a cup that contains roughly 12 ounces of tank water, and a 10 minute dip.

I rinse in a different cup of clean tank water.

I haven't lost a frag, and it does leave a surprising amount of dead things in the cup when you are done.

5. Ahruk

Ahruk Guest

@Tskiller

What kind of corals have you dipped?

Acros, zoas, general LPS, softies?

6. Tskiller

Tskiller Guest

A decent variety. A ton of zoas, various euphyllia, acans, chalice, ricordea, and more recently some acropora, millepora and montipora.

I try to dip everything that comes in on a frag plug or piece of rock if I don't think it will hurt it.

7. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Thats really cool. I think im gonna switch to bayer once my bottle of revive is up.

Hear its more effective and less harsh on corals

8. jonmos75

jonmos75 Supporting Member

I agree, just have been nervous about getting the right mixture so I don't do damage to my corals...

9. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

I recently got this.... and from reading a lot around, I settled with 5ml per cup (236ml) for 5-10min. The only exception would be smooth skin acros which people suggested a 2-3min dip.

jonmos75 likes this.
  10. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

That stuff creeps me out...I'm sure I works good, but gross stuff to say the least. Do people just pour it down the drain when they are done, or is there a better way to dispose of it?

11. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

12. Nav

Just wondering if aptasia will survive this dip?

13. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

I think aiptasia would survive the bayer dip nav.

Most of these dips knock off small invertebrates like nudibranchs, spiders, flatworms, red bugs.

An aptasia is an anemone. More related to a coral than to a flatworm. Although we see it as a pest, its more of a coral.

14. Nav

Good point Michael. With the swap coming soon, I'm interested to know how others in the club deal with frags that come with aptasia?

15. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

16. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Bone cutters

17. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

[​IMG]

Nav likes this.
  18. Vhuang168

Goes into my coral qt stocked with a crc peppermint shrimp. It always makes short work of any pesty things like aptasia

Enderturtle and Nav like this.