Our mission

Which one will you pick?

Squirt. I think the different placements of the 4 outlets is superior to the rotating of the swirl.

FWIW, I was a big fan of swirls for years...now I have none! :D But I have a squirt.

Thanks guys, the 4 ways and supersquirt cost too much and I think it's too much for a 29. I think I'm gonna get the OM squirt.

You will not regret it more so if you are moving from a scwd - there's a huge difference in flow. I used the same pump with scwd and then om and it was night and day difference. The scwd constricts so much flow is ridiculous.

That's what I have too.... How high up is the squirt from the pump?? I know the OM Squirt can only handle up to 1000GPH. Do you have a bypass installed?
Thanks

At 4' the pump doesn't pump 1000GPH. Was it too much flow for you tank? Why do you need a bypass for? I tried to look for the flow chart of this pump but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where to find the flow chart?

You're right, I think 4' was too high (I was just estimating it in my mind). After thinking about it more, I think it's closer to 3 1/2 feet above. Anyways, I know I needed a bypass because the unit would click every so often, which was a sign of too much flow. Paul at OM said it wouldn't hurt the unit, but recommended to adjust the bypass ball valve until the clicking stopped.
And I wanted a lot of flow, so no, I don't think it's too much for my tank. Besides the flow I get from the Pan World, I also have a Mag 7 as a return pump, which adds even more flow.
Regarding flow charts, the Pan World is equivalent to the Blue Line Pumps, and here's one source I found for their flow rates: http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/skus/wp/WPBL-NH-150-PS-T.asp?E+scstore

I guess I have to get the super squirt then.... It's a close loop and I don't have a sump so it will be a pain to install the bypass... Thanks for the info Paladin..

I also have the Squirt set up as a close-loop, and the sump makes no difference with how I plumbed it. The bypass is hooked up to a Tee that is attached to the pump's outet. Then the bypass just goes back to the main tank. So essentially the pump goes to 5 outputs stationed at various points in the tank, 4 going through the Squirt and 1 through from the bypass. Good luck with either the Squirt or Super Squirt. You should be happy with either product.

Back