got ethical husbandry?

Which stores have Peppermint shrimp?

OK. My lovely 180 has been infected with ... yep, those little sons of guns aiptasia.

There were only a few and then the curse of using Aiptasia-X hit me. Use it, see not aiptasia, and then 2 weeks later, have 100x the number.

I am considering a Klein Butteryfly, but I thought I'd try peppermints again (hit and miss in my 58, which is wall to wall aiptasia). I might get the Klein and put it in my mostly empty 58 just as an act of revenge against the aiptasia.

My corals were mostly already eaten by either a pair of damsels or a Blue Tang (I doubt it's the tang).

So a Klein in the new tank might not be bad until the stupid tank is pest free again.

AAAAANyway. Any stores have reasonably priced peppermints?

V

I'd do berghia nudibranch before peppermint shrimp for aiptasia. But to answer your question, I think all the local stores carry peppermints.

Lucky Ocean in SF typically has them. I will say I put a bunch on my tank and while the aiptasia problem was not eliminated completely I did have to stop hunting them on a weekly basis.

Ugh, forget berghias. I've probably spent $300 on berghias over the years. I'd get them, slowly acclimate them and they would die instantly, or I'd put them in the tank and they'd disappear forever. Waste of money. Peppermints would at least survive for a while.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check them out.

Back