Jestersix

White Mushrooms

I have a purple mushroom colony and for a while I saw a small white mushroom in the colony, I never gave it any special feeding and it had survived. Recently I saw two medium sized white ones in the rock work. I do not think the small one produced them, so I was wondering if any one thought it might be a mutation in my mushrooms. Also I was wondering if any of you have experience with this.

Just normal blue ones that are bleached out. Happens all the time, sorry, nothing strange or out of the ordinary.

iCon said:
Sad thing is that some stores sell these bleached....Or worse...

Many moons ago when I was just entering the hobby a big box pet store sold me the MOST beautiful completely transparent frilly/hairy mushrooms I had ever seen. They looked just like anchored jellyfish gently wafting in the current. They were actually named Jewel Box Mushrooms ‘cause under the stores pure actinics there were little undefined sparkles of colour in them. Well after several weeks under proper lights they turned the most HIDEOUS muddy baby sh*t brown. And then the bastards ate my fish!

Ahhh, good times….good times

-Gregory

Back