Neptune Aquatics

who sells Nylon screws and nuts in the bay area?

IMG_7517.jpg

Sorry and thank you for offering gresh! I overlooked your first post ,iPhone FTW!

They didn't have 1/4-20 nylon thumb screws nor wing nuts:( I got hex thread at 1" long. It will get the job done for my lifereef overflow box:) I originally had it only 55 gal installled in a position that required the screw to be shorter. Now I can install the box on my 100 gal the correct way requiring the longer screw to make it thread properly.

If you need longer, I think the longest one I have is 2.5" inches. I also don't think I have wing nuts, just normal knurled nuts and knurled bolts.

Grainger has a store that routinely sells to the public in Campbell-ish Area. I used to date a girl down there and it was near her house. I used to stop by all the time.

It depends on the store, I think, so call and ask. In SF you DO need a commercial account.

Tap Plastics has small acrylic screws and nuts, smaller than what you need but I thought I'd add that to the thread as a resource. They DO NOT have nylon stuff, or a wide range of sizes. Just a couple very small acrylic sets.

anathema said:
Grainger has a store that routinely sells to the public in Campbell-ish Area. I used to date a girl down there and it was near her house. I used to stop by all the time.

It depends on the store, I think, so call and ask. In SF you DO need a commercial account.

More like depends on the employees :) The policy is standard across the board for all locations, but you can find employees that don't care.

Smallparts.com is a great resource for Nylon and Stainless steel bolts, nuts and wing nuts. They also have a great selection of metric fasteners http://www.smallparts.com/small-parts-nylon-wing-nut/dp/B003SLDL4K/ref=sr_1_2?sr=1-2&qid=1297409204&filterBy.material_browse=43805011 I think they are now owned by Amazon. I just use the smallparts.com website to find what I need and then search that parts number on amazon and order it there as I get 2nd day air as a prime member. Good luck. -Chris

Forgot about small parts. Great resource for all kinds of stuff... need micron netting, they got you covered..

Just FYI - most ACE hardware stores sell a pretty good selection of nylon bolts and nuts, and I think wingnuts.

1/4 x 20 is pretty standard - Home Depot also sells it as well, but I find you really have to dig through their display boxes

Back