got ethical husbandry?

Who splurged on their tanks this weekend?

Klems

Supporting Member
On one of the busiest shopping weeks of the year, what type of deals did you score for your tanks?

I got a new light controller for my biocube, a new sicce pump and a refill for my red sea MG test kit from BRS...and also picked up a few corals from CaReefCo...

IMG_20151130_094756083_HDR.jpg

I bought a Milwaukee Digital Refractometer, and I am so happy with this purchase!

IMAG0157.jpg

Easy to read. Easy to calibrate. Very precise. Very fast.

Was thinking about getting this...or a salinity probe/module for my apex but didn't want to deal with recalibrating the probe and didn't want to spend the extra cash.

About to buy some corals from Cali Reef Co tomorrow, hopefully the ones I want are still there!

Couple corals for me and Jill and that's all. I got rent due and x-mas presents to buy for other people :p

Last edited:
I did also with a PM2 with a salinity probe, 55g salt, Tunze Nanostream pump with an apex control cable, 1gal of Acropower & natural frag mounts...

Considering I still have stuff for my tank that I haven't set up I decided to put a hold on anything fancy new, besides there wasn't much out there at a "can't pass it up at this price" type of sales, while yah 10-15% off is nice, that's all it is nice, unless I absolutely need it I can hold out.

I did go kind of apeshit though on the computer side of things, buying up parts from all over the place to build a new rig :D

Not sure if it counts because I actually paid for it last week... But I brought it home Sunday, so it feels like I spent the money this weekend! Been wanting to go from my little 25gal to a 3' tank for a while now, found a nice one for sale and broke my aquarium budget. A splurge to say the least, but so far super happy - retail therapy does actually work sometimes :D
image.jpg

Not sure if it counts because I actually paid for it last week... But I brought it home Sunday, so it feels like I spent the money this weekend! Been wanting to go from my little 25gal to a 3' tank for a while now, found a nice one for sale and broke my aquarium budget. A splurge to say the least, but so far super happy - retail therapy does actually work sometimes :D
View attachment 3978

Very nice! What did you get? Is that a lee-mar? I love the eurobracing on it. What size is that? a 65?

Nice tank, Corallus! I need a tank upgrade, but it has to wait some more.
Meanwhile, I took advantage of early Black Friday discounts to order 2 Finnex heaters replacements, since my main heater and its backup burned out in a 2 weeks span. Then, I followed Ender's example: I got a milwaukee digital refractometer @ a Cyber Monday sale. I'll count it as a Xmas present for myself :).

Very nice! What did you get? Is that a lee-mar? I love the eurobracing on it. What size is that? a 65?
Thanks guys! @wpeterson, basically yes, should be almost exactly 70 gal by my math. And I so agree, eurobracing was one of my requirements. @nly04 , yep according to the seller, it was made by Keith Grandt (Signature Aquariums). @sjbro, I totally understand, been thinking about this one for a while now, and when I saw this one, it was exactly what I was after, and couldn't wait any longer.
I'll be starting a build thread for this soon.

I went to Lowes and bought some PVC plumbing parts to fix a leak ..... does that count?
:(
No time to do fun shopping.

got two aquamedic DC powerheads and an iawaki to pump water up from basement to display for water changes (maybe a future basement sump....)

Back