Neptune Aquatics

Who splurged on their tanks this weekend?

Nope. I didn't even know the SB reef light existed. Seems pretty interesting and much cheaper option compared to the rest of the market.

What I got was essentially a giant heat sink to attach the led lights and fan to with some meanwell ldd led drivers. It will look pretty bad but I was able to get all the parts for about 350$ (I purchased some other stuff from ebay). This ends up being about 91-104 leds (depending on the configuration that I end up running with) that runs at approximately 300-350 watts. I don't think there's much saving going this route but I enjoy putting these little electronics together. Being able to customize the light ratios (6 royal blue : 2 cool white : 1 blue : 1 UV) and smooth dimming is also another plus.

Nope. I didn't even know the SB reef light existed. Seems pretty interesting and much cheaper option compared to the rest of the market.

What I got was essentially a giant heat sink to attach the led lights and fan to with some meanwell ldd led drivers. It will look pretty bad but I was able to get all the parts for about 350$ (I purchased some other stuff from ebay). This ends up being about 91-104 leds (depending on the configuration that I end up running with) that runs at approximately 300-350 watts. I don't think there's much saving going this route but I enjoy putting these little electronics together. Being able to customize the light ratios (6 royal blue : 2 cool white : 1 blue : 1 UV) and smooth dimming is also another plus.
That is a crapload of light for a 40 breeder...

Back