Who wants to play a [educational?] game!?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Oct 24, 2007.

1. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I was thinking the same thing.

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I still want you guys to search out the past ones. Lemme see if I can get Jake to join the BAR forum. Can he post in this one? IIRC he attempted an Acro Cup as did Bruce Carlson (pretty sure that was the other). They've tried it at MACNA as well and some SOcal guys have done it a few times. Good stuff I say :D

3. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2524.msg27253#msg27253 date=1196176479]
    Ok, here's a quick pic from this morning.

White LED flashlight. Autobalance in the camera.

[​IMG]
    [/quote]

Norman,
    Is that the blue xenia on the bottom right?? Does that thing grow fast for you?

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

No such thing (blue xenia) :D I'll give you a hint. It starts with a C. and should not be confused with one that starts with an E. The person that classified the E. questions if that is what it really is or a whole new one, so who really knows what any of these are really :D

5. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Yep, that's the blue cespitularia. Grows pretty well for me.

I should give it more light though. It's been a darker blue before.

6. Elite

Elite Guest

Yeah I know. I have a hard time remembering my name. Do you think I will try to remember that long name ;D ?? For me it's good enough to know the "common" name :p ..

7. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Hey all, I'm a little behind on this thread and rather than read all 6 pages I thought I'd just ask :D

Are we on for this Saturday? If so, how much cash do I need to bring?or are we doing paypal?

8. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

we're on for saturday, read the first post for the money and what you should bring =)

9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

When abouts are you going to frag this thing, even though I'm not in I'd like to see what it looks like up close, not to insult norman's picture taking ability :D

10. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

at the bbq tomorrow

11. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Alright guys, I've created an "official" thread to keep track of our first "educational" game frag:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2650.0

Please post all discussion regarding that coral specifically there, while any other general discussion can go here =)

Once we do more colonies in the future, we'll keep branching off new official threads.

Please check that thread now for your "preliminary" requirements. No worries if you miss a week or two etc., just try to keep up with it! it keeps things rolling and exciting... and educational.

12. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Hey everyone, December 10th is coming up, get off your little tushes and post your frag, params, etc:

Joining this game didn't just mean getting a nice frag for cheap =) You gotta participate to make this worthwhile.

There may be a surprise prize, so don't get lazy now ;)

13. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Im not lazy..just cant get a good pic because either me or my camera is retarded lol...Ill post my blue washed out pic soon =)

14. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Alright, took the time to clean the diatoms off the glass, I will take some pics tonight.

It's definitely yellow.

15. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

btw, just in case: I didn't mean to sound mean =)

16. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Yes, you are SO MEAN - j/kidding.

No harm in prodding us old farts to get a move on with this game. :D

17. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I think we cut 15 frags, and most of all of them were taken.

I know you guys must be busy with the holidays, but please try to at least update how your piece is doing. Again if you have no camera etc. just post your initial specs.

The whole purpose of joining in on this was to collaborate often. Of course we're all busy, but hopefully you'll all get to this soon!

For those that have posted, good work! It looks like all the pieces are surviving. We'll update again in January. I'll post a notice on the specific frag thread when we need to update again.

And again, those that haven't posted, please do so as soon as you can =) We'd love to see how your piece is doing