Cali Kid Corals

Who's dosing what?

Looking to get a good list of what folks are dosing regularly.

I'm going to be doing Kalk +2 with my RO top off, but interested in the "usual suspects" that others are doing.

Nothing yet, but I purchased Aquaforest Component 1+ 2+ 3+ on the black friday deals and have been using 2+ to get my Alk back up to 8 dKH.

My chaeto isn't growing, but I have plenty of phosphates now (0.06ppm), so I'm thinking of dosing Iron.

Was tempted at the Vertex calcium reactor as BRS had it at doorbuster pricing ($150 off), but according to it's specs it's only good for 120g for SPS dominant which IMO doesn't seem like enough for me. Plus I don't need to start the pile of junk before the tank gets water in it!

So currently Kalk and that's it.

Was tempted at the Vertex calcium reactor as BRS had it at doorbuster pricing ($150 off), but according to it's specs it's only good for 120g for SPS dominant which IMO doesn't seem like enough for me. Plus I don't need to start the pile of junk before the tank gets water in it!

Yeah, that Ca Rx was tempting as hell, but opted out of it just due to the reviews on it.

Was dosing 3 part, but just cut Mg since it's barely being dosed. I'm tracking if weekly water changes is enough to replenish it. So right, now, BRS Ca and Alk, with Reef A/B for the aminos.

The ratings are wrong cause it depends on how often you need to replenish the media. When I had it it barely budged in my 210. You'll need to pack it with spa to the max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The ratings are wrong cause it depends on how often you need to replenish the media. When I had it it barely budged in my 210. You'll need to pack it with spa to the max.
Well yeah I realize that, if you have very little calcium/alk uptake obviously it'll last longer. It has two ratings, one for a 240g (I think) the one I quoted was for an SPS dominant tank. Now what exactly that means? Like those walls o' acro tanks you see?

In the past, I tried all sorts of things. Never really helped.

Now:
Vinegar + Alk (baking soda) + Ca (diy bulk) + auto-water-exchange + Mg (via water exchange).
The salt water is standard IO with added Mg.

In the past, I tried all sorts of things. Never really helped.

Now:
Vinegar + Alk (baking soda) + Ca (diy bulk) + auto-water-exchange + Mg (via water exchange).
The salt water is standard IO with added Mg.
How much vinegar does your tank get per day?

Back