Cali Kid Corals

Who's feeding their reef?

human growth hormone.. a bit of a craze a few years back, but was mentioned in the rc thread of the month with some bad ass pics of some mature italian reef tanks.. i think its not so much the hgh itself, but what it breaks down into in terms of amino acids that help produce almost unreal (at least in their tanks) growth and coloration..

rleechb - how is the pappone mix doing for you? do you feel like you are noticing any diff (other than the zits :D)

Yeah, you know I finally figured it out before I scrolled down again ;D

Interesting stuff. There was some talk on RC about Creatine too.

[quote author=otterpop510 link=topic=1843.msg17606#msg17606 date=1174337199]
rleechb - how is the pappone mix doing for you? do you feel like you are noticing any diff (other than the zits :D)
[/quote]

Well, I can't honestly say for certain whether there have been any positive effects that I can attribute to the pappone. My tank was recovering from multiple flatworm exit treatments that bleached a lot of my pieces. I started dosing pappone the same time I swapped out my skimmer (CSS125 -> NW150 w/ meshmod) and drastically upped my bioload (went from 3 fish to 10, and 1 feeding a day to as many as 10). Anyways, since these changes, my colors have deepened considerably. I can't say whether or not growth is much faster, but I'd assume it is, since I went from 10ml/day of 2-part to around 75ml/day. All this has occured with little change in nitrates (~.2-.5 ppm). I imagine phosphate has stayed the same, or become lower, as I have very little nuisance algae. Whether or no all these changes can be attributed to pappone... I really can't say.

btw, I don't follow the "pappone guidelines" very well. My mixture is blended, but not blended very well (the fish are able to eat a lot of the pappone). I don't feed when the lights go off either; I feed as soon as they come on. I turn off the skimmer and my return pump for about 2 hours (which is how long it takes for the water to clear), the turn the return pump to keep water circulating through the sump. The skimmer comes on about 4-5 hours after the dosing. Finally, I could find the right ingredients for the pappone, so I tossed some random stuff in the blender as substitutes (squid, octopus, whatever was at the store).

corals etc: rotifeast and phytofeast 2X's week. fish: elos pellet and prime reef flake 2X's day.

i remove my skimmer cup for the night (leave skimmer running) when feeding the rotis/phytos.

[quote author=rleechb link=topic=1843.msg17603#msg17603 date=1174332672]
Without the HGH. I used HGH for about two weeks, but I noticed the acros grew lots of zits and hair. I stopped dosing when my A. Tenuis attacked my wife while she was in the shower.

[/quote]

Let me guess, it told her to say she "fell down the stairs"?

Those tenuis can be big pricks, especially when they're all juiced up and ready to rage!

Back