Why can't I stop eating goldfish crackers?!

Discussion in 'The Eutrophic Zone' started by Vincerama2, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Supporting Member

I bought the Costco box (ie; 3 huge bags in a box) of goldfish "for my kids", but I rememberd that Sammy is allergic to dairy, so if one kid can't have it, neither can have it! So I brought a bag to work and I CAN'T STOP EATING THEM. What's in these things? Crack? Sheesh!

V

2. FunGuy

FunGuy Guest

Well, luckily it's just crackers :) There's a lot worst things to get addicted to. If you can't stop eating the crackers, just buy more... much cheaper than our hobby, haha.

3. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Those things are nummy, I understand your problem, if you need someone to break you of the habit I will gladly come by and relieve you of the burden 8)

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Sounds like me with hummus and pita chips las night....

5. badbread

badbread Guest

^ ^

Sounds like my girlfriend...

:p

6. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Hey, I had hummus and pita chips yesterday too! Think I'll go have some more. :) Didn't realize it was past lunch time. :D

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

hey sexy.

8. Ibn

Ibn Guest

Maybe you're lacking salt in your diet?

I got tired of those in college. I picked up a big box from Costco and ate it for days. Ever since then I haven't been able to look at goldfish crackers again...

9. itsacrispy

itsacrispy Guest

Sounds like me and ice cream...sans the added buttocks.

10. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Yes, they are salty and cheesy. My kids like them every now and again. They eat them for a while, then go off for several months. :)

11. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Supporting Member

what's worse is this...we went to Costco yesterday (and fed the kids rotissery chicken while we browsed) and I picked up an ice-cream bar box with FORTY ice cream bars in it. Sandy said she is going to test her will and not eat any of them, but knowing her she'll eat a bunch of them, but even so that means basically that I'm willing to eat like 30 ice-cream bars! If only I had space left over from the goldfish crackers!

V

12. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

2 worst days of the year for me, the day after Easter and the day after Halloween. It's when all the candy goes on sale.

This year I ended up with 10 bags of jelly beans... *sigh*

13. Lyn

Lyn Guest

haha :D I see there is another "after the holiday" candy buyer. :)

14. sfsuphysics

Well in my defense this year most of the bags I've tried were ones I haven't had before.

So far my favorite is the Jolly Rancher jelly beans which are only put out at these two times of the year, a close second though are the bumpy nerds jelly beans... tasty tasty.

15. Lyn

Lyn Guest

I'm a Jelly Belly purist, but my kids would love the Nerds jelly beans. Where did you get those?

16. sfsuphysics

Got them at Target, however they are a seasonal only item, and if Target stores are anything like they are over here they clear the shelves quite quickly with reduced priced candy. Hell last halloween I got none because they sold out the day it went on sale, 2 days after nada... but I guess that was a good thing :D

17. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Yup, my hubby went tonight and only came home with strawberry marshmallows. Time to make more rice crispy treats. :)

18. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

tell your hubby he needs to go more often! :p

19. Lyn

Lyn Guest

LOL :D Are we having a craving Tony?

20. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Mike, wait until you try Lyn's Jelly Bean Cookies :D