WIBC if we knew who in the club is techilicious and willing to help?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by cwolfus, Oct 25, 2007.

1. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Wouldn't it be cool if we knew who in the club is techilicious and willing to help?

I realize there are a lot of smallish tech projects that could really help the club (like Dave's cool raffle ticket posting system, and something to tell us when each member's dues are due). I also know there are plenty of members that have skills and are willing to help.

But what I don't know is who's good at what. What about posting your skills on this thread? For that matter, knowing what people do for day jobs (tech or not) might be cool.

C

2. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Charles Wolfus
    Director of IT and Facilities

Skillz:
    - Strategic IT vision and communication (maybe not so usefull here)
    - Manage technical projects of moderate scope with diverse stakholders
    - Windows administration (linux adminstration in really dire circumstances)
    - I can kludge an Access DB with minor VB
    - Write tech documentation

3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I'm an IT jack of all trades but mainly tools system administration for a huge helpdesk. What's that mean.... I know my way around a database...... do a little coding in various languages when needed.....

4. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Relatively techno saavy, but know little to none on IT.

Administrative duties and of course property management specifically in San Francisco - gotta luv rent control.

5. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

Electrician, anyone need their service panel changed??

6. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

7. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I can do / learn just about anything programming in a relatively short amount of time... but I have very little time =((

I can do low level stuff down to assembly, programming on mobile devices, full fledged database systems, to web 2.0 user interfaces with ajax and all that jazz =P

Oh, and I can do a bunch of crypto stuff too =P

8. zepplock

zepplock Guest

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2533.msg26134#msg26134 date=1193464514]
    I can do / learn just about anything programming in a relatively short amount of time... but I have very little time =((

I can do low level stuff down to assembly, programming on mobile devices, full fledged database systems, to web 2.0 user interfaces with ajax and all that jazz =P

Oh, and I can do a bunch of crypto stuff too =P
    [/quote]

mmmm, me, me, me again, again me..... ;-) + network and testing software

9. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

UNIX network admin here.

-xinumaster

10. I do tech support for TYAN. I have alot of knowledge about hardware and operating system installations. I have some networking knowledge from military service, and ATC if you need a plane talked to =p