WIBGI We hooked up MR with the goods?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by tuberider, Feb 27, 2008.

1. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=Thales link=topic=3200.msg36237#msg36237 date=1204672077]
    I will be going to the MR swap - so make sure everyone sends bitchin stuff! Don't embarass me! :D
    [/quote]Don't worry rich I'll be "pulling up the rear", and of course don't f with my Cheetos as well. Root beer just doesn't taste the same and that screws with my hockey game viewing.

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I haven't watched hockey in ages, but if I do, I'll hijack your place and eat all of your cheetos and rootbeer.

3. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3200.msg36291#msg36291 date=1204694342]
    I haven't watched hockey in ages, but if I do, I'll hijack your place and eat all of your cheetos and rootbeer.
    [/quote]You're welcome here in "freemanland" especially if the Flyers are playing.

4. tuberider

tuberider Guest

OK received a bunch of stuff today, thanks everyone!

I just want to remind those of you who contributed frags that weren't labeled to please contact me or post here what it was that you brought. Remember it is important to track lineage, so folks can contact you if they have any husbandry questions. Also, it helps to keep the redundancy issue to a minimum so we have a diverse box to ship out.

Thanks again!

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Alright of the two frags I gave you (I think the tops say "Nash" and "Thales" (they were frag swap lids)...
    One was a Becket Tort, below is the best eyecandy picture I have (best meaning one without algae on it :D), put that sucker under high light to keep it nice and super blue.

The other is my "Underoos Favia" I think the frag that you ended up with was mostly mouth, you need to keep that sucker under really low lighting, otherwise the blue turns to poo in a hurry. again picture below of the mother colony. BTW there's some white sponge attached to the frag, it's all over the rock, I know nothing of shipping corals, but if it's something that could possible die in transit maybe you should try to peel it off.

Feel free to send these on to the MH guys as eye candy to drool over :D
    Tort
    [img width=800 height=1000]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2569/tortbeckerhw2.jpg[/img]

Favia
    [​IMG]

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Thanks Mike, Ill post them over at MR to ready the palates.

7. sfsuphysics

Groovy, whenever you post them, let me know the link, I'm curious what people think... even if it's "Meh... that stuff grows like xenia" :D

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Speaking of Xenia... :D

I had 4 unlabeleds:

Blue cespitularia - needs a bunch o' light to get dark blue. It's a little faded looking because I had it halfway down my tank under 250w mh.

Lavender candy cane

Ugly Red Prostrata

M. setosa

9. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

I gave the neon green candycane. Very slow grower that will love to be target fed. I hope those boys at MR love our stuff.

10. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

I gave a frag of Dolphin Pet Village Bonsai

11. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=3200.msg36861#msg36861 date=1205086174]
    I gave the neon green candycane. Very slow grower that will love to be target fed. I hope those boys at MR love our stuff.
    [/quote]

Grew pretty fast for me :) .. Feed them ;) ..

12. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I edited my initial post to emphasize the goal of this transaction, thanks for your help BAR.

13. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I'll be at the BAR April meeting. I'll bringing 2 frags each:

1. xinu's aussie blue polyps monti, but will require TLC to bring the color back.
    2. tyree ponape birdnest
    3. tyree blue polyp monti

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if they're okay to bring.

14. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Good stuff Perry, if you could, frag them a little while before the meeting to insure health, thank you.

Nice contributions!

15. sfsuphysics

BTW Jeremy, I know you said you were really busy but any word on how the first batch of stuff is doing? I'm more concerned about my blue/red favia, I have never had anyone successfully keep it.

16. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

The underoos?

17. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Mike it's doing great, i pissed all over it and it turned bright yellow (I just took my vitamin B-12). Seriously though it's doing fine, it's off to the side under some aquaculture screen about 10" under water with the 150w. The tort is doing very well as well. The only things that are iffy are a couple of UNKs I got from Wayland that were fresh cut, and the setosa was a little haggard on one side, but it seems to be recovering, I have a feeling setosa is a pretty tough coral.

18. sfsuphysics

Great to hear Jeremy, watch out though yellow is a color I've seen in it :D

Eric: Yup the underoos :D

19. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

is purple haze ok to bring?

20. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3200.msg38507#msg38507 date=1206077218]
    is purple haze ok to bring?
    [/quote]Sure, so far there's no purple haze in the mix.