WIBGI We hooked up MR with the goods?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by tuberider, Feb 27, 2008.

1. tuberider

tuberider Guest

A little reminder, now's a good time to frag your donations for the MR box trade, that way they have plenty of time to heal. Please LMK what you plan on donating so we can have a diverse box. I will be at the next meeting and will be accepting donations there, my offer also stands for people wanting to drive to the lovely coastside I'm around to accept out here as well if you can't make the meeting. Thus far all donations are doing well and some have even grown (yes Mike even the underoos), and encrusted. I've even kept the "ugly" prostrata alive, which I successfully killed twice before, the only coral I've killed twice, it's growing even, time to ask for second gen over at the DBTC :D

I figure I will get a shipping box (or boxes depending) from ASAP since they have a bunch lying around. What I need are 30 hour heat packs (2-4 most likely), and a lot of bags and rubberbands both of various sizes. I will ask in our sponsor forum first to see if they want to help, if not well have to figure it out. AFA shipping Gresham offered to ship via Reed Mariculture since they get a deal on shipping, if that doesn't work out I'll use FedEx.

If you have any ideas or want to help pack coral LMK ;)

2. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

Hey Jeremy I've got the heat packs(20 hr+) covered (4). I'll bring em to the meeting

3. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=jkreefer link=topic=3200.msg39458#msg39458 date=1207108799]
    Hey Jeremy I've got the heat packs(20 hr+) covered (4). I'll bring em to the meeting
    [/quote]Awesome thanks!

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

No more then 2 heat packs per Indo,HI,Marshal, Bali sized boxes. No more then 1 heat pack per Florida box. No more then 1 heat pack per PI box level. No need for 30 hour heat packs, we'll be there sooner :) Use to many heat packs and you'll burn thru the available O2 MUCH quicker making the heat packs last 1/2 the maount of time.

I'm thinking about sending this via air frieght and picking it up when we get there or having my friend grab it and bring it to Randy @ Pratt. I could also just send you FedEx labels and you could ship it to be held at the station or delivered right to Pratt.

5. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3200.msg39493#msg39493 date=1207155681]
    No more then 2 heat packs per Indo,HI,Marshal, Bali sized boxes. No more then 1 heat pack per Florida box. No more then 1 heat pack per PI box level. No need for 30 hour heat packs, we'll be there sooner :) Use to many heat packs and you'll burn thru the available O2 MUCH quicker making the heat packs last 1/2 the maount of time.

I'm thinking about sending this via air frieght and picking it up when we get there or having my friend grab it and bring it to Randy @ Pratt. I could also just send you FedEx labels and you could ship it to be held at the station or delivered right to Pratt.
    [/quote]Thanks for the info Gresham, I'm not quite sure how much we'll be sending out, or which type of boxes we'll be shipping in, just covering the bases. We'll have to exchange some PM's as the shipping time approaches, air freight is a good idea as it cuts down on the chances for error, plus you can be there to hear all of the ohhs, and ahhs.

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Box went out at 11:00 this morning :p, thanks to everyone who contributed, hopefully it'll get there early in the am, it was shipped priority overnight (cringe now Bryan :D) anyway here's the list if I screwed anything up LMK.

#1 Monti setosa (Mr. Ugly)
    #2 Mr. Ugly's ugly red Acro prostrata (Mr. Ugly)
    #3 Becker tort (sfsuphysics)
    #4 False Aqua Delight (tuberider)
    #5 False Aqua Delight (tuberider)
    #6 Tonga Superman (Thales)
    #7 Aussie Blue Polyp Monti (xinumaster)
    #8 Aussie Blue Polyp Monti (xinumaster)
    #9 Dolphin Pet Village Bonsai (dswong01)
    #10 Larry Jackson (wakskat)
    #11 Tyree coral (Nash)
    #12 Blue Fuzzy Stag (Nash)
    #13 Blue Acro. milli (Nash)
    #14 Blue Acro. milli (Nash)
    #15 Ponape Birdsnest (xinumaster)
    #16 Ponape Birdsnest (xinumaster)
    #17 Lavender Candycane (Mr. Ugly)
    #18 Neon Candycane (Lordhelmet)
    #19 Eddie's Purple Monster (Thales)
    #20 Purple Haze (Xinumaster)
    #21 Purple Haze (Xinumaster)
    #22 Purple Haze (Xinumaster)
    #23 Flower petal Monti (Xinumaster)
    #24 Flower petal Monti (Xinumaster)
    #25 Flower petal Monti (cwolfus)
    #26 Blue Cespitularia (Mr. Ugly)
    #27 Green Acro. tenuis (iani)
    #28 Underoos Favia (sfsuphysics)
    #29 Green Pocci (Apon)
    #30 Purple haze (iani)
    #31 Blue lava (Thales)
    #32 Ponape birdsnest (cwolfus)
    #33 Purple Deepwater (Lordhelmet)
    #34 Purple Deepwater (Lordhelmet)
    #35 Green Deepwater (Lordhelmet)
    #36 LE Blue Chalice (Thales)
    #37 Green Stag (Nash)
    #38 Yellow Acan (iani)
    #39 Palmer's Blue Acro. milli (Lordhelmet)
    #40 Calfo pulsing Sinularia (Tuberider)
    #41 Atl Cyphastria (iani)

Don't forget to go say hi to our friends back East!

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

damn that is quite a list. BAR is going to be popular in MR this weekend for sure :)

8. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Just got word that everything survived, and looks good!

9. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Jeremy,

Just shoot me the receipt and I will take care of the reimbursement for the shipping.

10. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Great! Rich is over there right?? Hopefully he'll take pictures and everything.

I'm sure this was mentioned but were the frags labeled at all?

12. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Rich and Gresham are/will be there, one brought lenses one brought camera body, I made sure they were going to take pictures.

I know you are not a numbers guy, being that you teach history :D, the numbers on the coral list correspond with numbers on the bags. Randy had already gotten 500 deli containers, so I didn't send any out, plus deli containers are better there, as anything from a deli there is better than anything from a deli out here ;)

13. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

So MR can have a swap without bringing any of there own coral. :)

14. jhale

jhale Guest

lol at the deli comment,

guys thanks for all the stuff you gathered and sent our way, that was just nuts.

I posted a thread in the DBTC forum, check it out :D

15. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Missed yah at the swap :( You'd better be at the next one :D

No worries though, life takes precedent over swaps for sure :D

16. jhale

jhale Guest

thanks G, yea life was not good that weekend. I almost made it in the morning, but got up and my car had a flat.
    it took a while to get that sorted out. I'll be in SF before the next MR swap ;)

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Gimme a heads up a few weeks prior if you could so I can make sure to schedule some time off :)

18. jhale

jhale Guest

it looks like I'll be there the 2nd week in june...I'll give you the heads up.

19. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

:D nothing scheduled at the moment for that time, but the week after (summer solstice) I will be gone (18 - 24)

20. Thales

Thales Past President

Sweet! Let me know if you need a place to stay.
    Bummer about the MR swap. We figured you had a bad day.