WIBGI you had to be a real community member before...

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by bookfish, Dec 28, 2008.

1. bookfish

bookfish Guest

I'm concerned that folks are signing up for BAR and only utilizing the community as a buying/ selling opportunity. I'd like to see a minimum meeting attendance AND post count AND minimum membership time-frame for posting on that forum.
    Oh well, I can dream can't I?

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Signing up becoming members (paying) or signing up for the website?

3. bookfish

bookfish Guest

I can't actually remember if the buying/ selling forum is members only. I suppose if I had a ton of stuff to sell and didn't want to be bothered with the RC restrictions then it might be worth $20 just to be able to post my advertisement, even if I had no other interest in the club.

4. Elite

Elite Guest

It's open to everyone Jim..

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Well IIRC some of the rule changes for frag swaps were put into place just for that Jim, you NEED to attend at least one meeting since the last swap to attend. As for the website? Eh, doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, if there's a decent price on something, then hell I'm all for members of this club getting a good deal on it, if it's an outrageously high price, then no one buys it.

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I'm not big on the craigslist type poster and certainly I was a big advocate for us getting away from RC for that reason, that said I don't see too many people being successful when it comes to shilling gear here. Personally I'm not too concerned about it at this point and have seen several people get chastised for that type of behavior by our active members. I think we are pretty good at policing our site since it is such a small community.