Wife is letting me get a new Camera

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Tumbleweed, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Well the wife conceded into letting me get a new camera. "Thanks for the ideas Norm ;)"
    Now the question is do I get the Nikon D60 or the D80? I was looking at the differences between the 2 and I really can't decide on which one to get. Is the D80 worth the $300 difference? Looking for some insight here. Anyone have any experience with the either camera and can tell me their opinions.

2. Elite

Elite Guest

Did you look into the D90? That's the new one..

3. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Yeah but it is $1300. a little out of my price range. The wife is barely letting me even look at the D80 at $900

4. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

a d80 with 18-135 is on ly around 800 or 799 at bhphotovideo right now.. I think you can get the body for around 599... The d80 feels better to me than the d60.. Slightly bigger and it will focus af-d type lenses as well as af-s.. What kindo f photography are you going to be doing?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/494367-REG/Nikon__D80_SLR_Digital_Camera.html

Here is another reputable dealer..

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=NKD8018135

5. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Yep I love my wife. She took me today and bought me the Nikon D80. I have only taken a couple of pictures with it so far and I love it. I missed taking pictures so much. Taking the wife out to dinner now, but when I get back I will try and post some pics.

6. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

Good choice.. Two thumbs up :) We need pics now....

7. Elite

Elite Guest

Congrats man.. Yeah we need pic now :D ..

Dinner at 9:30PM??

8. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Here is a pic of a frag that I got at Atlantis this weekend.

9. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

Wow a camera and a trip to Atlantis all in one weekend. You are indeed a lucky dude :)

10. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Only went to Atlantis because I got to Hayward early and had time to kill before the BOD Meeting.

11. iani

iani Guest

Nice choice. Now you need a macro lens and a tripod. haha.

12. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Yeah I know. The macro lens that I want costs more then the camera did. It is going to take a little time.

13. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

Which Macro lens were you looking at? There are quite a few excellent macros in the 350-500 range.. Actually more like a couple i n the 400 range then 700 range.. Used prices will vary.. Sigma and Tamron 90 and 105's are excellent lenses for the price.. Just ask for samples here.. At least a couple of members shoot one or the other..

14. iani

iani Guest

Brian, I shoot with a Tamron 90mm.

15. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

I went with the Tamron 90mm as well, after hanging out with Ian too much :D

Dang Brian, you got a good camera *and* a good wife!

:D

16. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

I'm surprised Art hasn't chimed in. I think he shoots a 105mm sigma...

17. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I am looking at the Nikon 105mm Micro Lens

18. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

the af-d model or the af-s model?

19. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest