Neptune Aquatics

Will These Kill Aptasia?

I was wondering if these will eat anemones other than aptasia. I do have BTA in my tank and I don't want them to get harmed. Has anyone had success with these eating aptasia while there were other anemones in the tank?

http://www.saltyunderground.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=248

They will only eat aptasia and will starve to death once its gone. They are very delicate and got blown around very easily. They've never done much for me, stopped wasting my money on them years ago :)

Some people do have success with them, I just haven't.

I've found the correct peppermint shrimp truly do the trick.

I've been considering peppermints for a year now, but I'm worried that they will go after my BTAs.
Has anyone ever had peppermints trying to eat BTAs? Has anyone had success with peppermints in a tank with BTAs?
I'm also thinking that adding a peppermint may add to the bio-load and I'm worried that a peppermint might seek clownfish eggs. I've came up with many more cons than pros about getting a peppermint.

If you do not want to put another thing in your tank you could try Blue Vet aiptasia control. I have not tried this product but I have found there other products to be effective and reef-safe.

I saw Blue Life at Aquatic Collection. I'm afraid to buy that, too, because if I miss I might kill something that I like. I think boiling water might be better off because even if something accidentally gets squirted with the boiling water it would come back to life sooner or later. Is it possible to get a needle to put on my syringe so that I could inject the aptaisa with boiling water?

Euphyllia said:
I saw Blue Life at Aquatic Collection. I'm afraid to buy that, too, because if I miss I might kill something that I like. I think boiling water might be better off because even if something accidentally gets squirted with the boiling water it would come back to life sooner or later. Is it possible to get a needle to put on my syringe so that I could inject the aptaisa with boiling water?

i had an aiptasia problem recently and i used the kalk paste method for my tank to kill ~60% of them then took a trip over to Neptunes and purchased 3 peppermints and after a week there is not a single aiptasia in sight!!! i have 2 btas and havent seen the peps do anything to them...best 24 bucks i ever spent for my tank! LOL

As long as they get food, they won't attack anemones. They won't be able to resist fish eggs though and that will be a constant battle for the broodstock (stressing them out)

Back