got ethical husbandry?

will this spotlight work on reef?

I doubt it'll be useful for your reef, but might have some interesting night time effects. Your 600 watt bulbs will probably overpower any color in that however.

i alway want one of those spotlight That japanese use on their tank,but those are expensive and only come with 230v.i love to experience with red light ,to see what it does to certain corals.i figure if it's good enought for rock singer on stage it's should be good enought for tank.i'm going to guitar center this weekend to see in person to see how bright this thing is,i wish i had a PAR meter with me :).

lapsan

lapsan

The thing is with spots though is that they have a narrow beam and since they would be a couple feet away from the top of your tank, it will probably just light up one of your towers.. I guess if it looks cool you can get a bunch.

Red is a cool light for most marine animals cant see it, so if you have a lot of nocturnal animals, you can observe them when normally you cannot.

Lapsan, how handy are you with DIY projects? If you are serious about a supplemental spotlight, I can work with you on an LED unit.

hey Tony, I was thinking of DIYing a LED setup for an upcoming octopus art tank Ive been wanting to make. Maybe you can help me out when Im at that stage!

Coming up with a light is EASY. Coming up with an elegant light is the challenge. Budget is also an issue, but if we are not looking at a main light, then it is definitely doable.

if either of you post details of your goals (drawings help in your case Daniel), I'll see what I can do.

Keep in mind, that with optics, you can make both a diffuse point source, or a blazing bright 5" spot, 6ft away.

Back