Reef nutrition

Will this work?

I will be using a Chauvet DJ power panel on my new tank
I will be swooping up on of these GFCI adaptors from marinedepot:
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~Tower_Shock_Buster_3_Outlet_Electrical_Cord_with_Inline_GFCI_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Miscellaneous_GFCI_Cords___Grounding_Probes~vendor~Tower_Manufacturing~SearchStr~gfci~action~view~idProduct~TW38085~idCategory~FIMIGF.html
If I plug the power panel into one of these, will the power panel still function like normal? Just want to make sure before I order it

don't know if it'll work, but i'm in the process of removing my GFIC- the damn thing trips when lights turn on or other surges. I worry when I'm on vacation, it trips and I have a tank full of dead stuff. Be wary of GFICs! :eek:

basically any not good ground (doesn't even have to be totally bad) will trip a GFCI and retro lighting would be a prime candate for that. Doesn't mean you don't want to use on, just means you need to make sure you have things wired properly and that you don't have too much going through any 1 GFCI since they are meant to trip a lot sooner than a breaker.

In case you care, they sell those at local hardware stores.

How much are they are hardware stores?
My dad mentioned my house isn't grounded or something? That's why I was inquiring into getting the adaptor.

I could be wrong but I believe Lowes had the same exact product for the same price range. Give them a call and maybe they can give you a price.

Back