Our mission

Will you call this a colony??

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4848.msg59163#msg59163 date=1224135422]
LOL Chris... Looking for a frag?? Look at this thread ;D :D ;D

**** Frag is to the left of the mother colony. ****

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1138117

[/quote]

Hey Phong, are you looking for one?

as nice as these corals are there were a bunch of "generic" watermelons that came in a while back that every damn LFS I went to seemed to have, that being said they were still commanding the "rare" price, but I don't personally think they're really worth it if I could get it at a damn LFS.... in San Francisco ontop of that!

But Mike you don't understand that the LFS's here were lucky to get those watermelons. There wasn't that much to go around to begin with. The wholesaler that the LFS's got it from were growing them for 5+ years. The reason I know this is because the wholesaler pm'ed me on RC after I posted a picture. I asked them some history on those watermelons that were comming in.

I am no way agreeing with that watermelon being sold for 320. Also if you look at the shot it is obvious the saturation has been messed with as well.

[quote author=iani link=topic=4848.msg59193#msg59193 date=1224173232]
But Mike you don't understand that the LFS's here were lucky to get those watermelons. There wasn't that much to go around to begin with. The wholesaler that the LFS's got it from were growing them for 5+ years.
[/quote]

That is absolutely true, the mother colonies were (are?) the size of a footballs, I'm not sure if they are sill there even. I do know it's like taking a gun from Charlton Heston to get frags from them.

Mike the only one that was demanding a high price was the really nice red watermellon. The rest of them that OT and AC had were not as expensive. All of them however came from the same wholesaler. Jeremy I am not sure what happened to the mother colonies, I do know that the wholesaler no longer has them though. They cleared out everything when they moved.

Back