Jestersix

Will's 300g Re-Do

I’ve also read that the hobbyist tests for some of these trace elements are not very accurate at all. I’ve been dosing read sea colors now for several weeks and I do seem to notice (anecdotally) that i have better PE. In the meantime what’s left of my chaeto just keeps getting covered in bacterial slime, presumably from the Nopox dosing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I caught my female bipartitus leopard waking up this morning.

fcea77ca9e0060eb3a0c82ff3eaf1987.jpg

I figured the following is worthy of an update (especially sine I just noticed it's been a year since I've provided an update.

About a month ago, I accidentally turned my DOS pump ON from my Apex while I was out of town. I had meant to adjust the volume I dosed which I did, but instead of turning the pump to AUTO, my fat thumb hit the ON button. I got home about 36 hours later and just happened to notice that my Bicarb reservoir was empty and realized that I dumped 2.5 gal of bicarb solution into my DT. Yikes! My Hanna checker was pegged at 14.5 dKh. I decided to titrate some HCl (muriatic acid) and got it down to 13.2 or so. I thought for sure I was going to lose some of my more sensitive corals. But, here I am more than a month later and nothing detrimental happened.

Happened to me too, not the fat thumb bit but controller port stuck open and dumped about the same amount of both calcium and alkalinity into the tank. not sure what the levels were but damnit if it didnt precipitate out as everything was covered in a snowy white powder, actually looked kind of pretty. Only loss was a solon wrasse that was in its cocoon and never broke out

Some quick updates. I still have the occasional RTN from time to time. Have tested for aluminum via ICP-OES. Al is somewhat high at 80ppb, but not crazy. Since then, I have pulled out one of my four Marinepure blocks from my sump...we'll see.

I also finally trimmed my huge$%#% M. spongodes. Barely fit through the opening of my tank. Used a chisel and an angle grinder and chopped off about 1/3 of it. It's still about 15" x 12". I'll be bringing plenty of frags to the swap as well as a bunch of others. I still haven't mastered pics even though I've received some good tips from members here.

After the swap I cam home to my huge Calacali acro upside down on the bottom. It must have been knocked off when I was futzing around with my hands in the tank. (which is why I really just let things go on their own. Anyway, here is a pic of me holding it as I was trying to get it back to the top of the rock I had it on. You'd never know that I lost 2/3 of it from RTN only several months ago.

7418d6ecf1acee4b08a5ef2ef4cc6aa2.jpg

After the swap I cam home to my huge Calacali acro upside down on the bottom. It must have been knocked off when I was futzing around with my hands in the tank. (which is why I really just let things go on their own. Anyway, here is a pic of me holding it as I was trying to get it back to the top of the rock I had it on. You'd never know that I lost 2/3 of it from RTN only several months ago.

7418d6ecf1acee4b08a5ef2ef4cc6aa2.jpg
That’s a perfect candidate for the next fragging workshop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back