High Tide Aquatics

Will's 93g Serenity Cube

I rescaped the tank. Decided to go with a more minimalistic whimsical scape. I used a variety of materials to tie the rock together. Acrylic rods, superglue, epoxy putty,Type III cement, and polly plastic.

befe9b27fdcde953a150ddfb71c74972.jpg

I decided to stick with the black sand that I had used previously....and wouldn't you know it, the first time I clean the glass with my mag float and it drops right into the sand. Being slightly magnetic, the sand is stuck all over the pad, which I had just replaced. One of the downsides of using black sand.

I replaced my old AC3 with my Apex that I had been using for my coral grow out tank and just finished up the wiring and programming last night.

82ba1cbda35b7c560d37448fdb0eed68.jpg

What is the red material lining the stand? What about a macroalgae tank with seahorses? You could have turtle grass or similar grasslike algae on the bottom, and different colors of plants on the rocks. You could prune thr algae to feed the fish in your other tank, and the algae would help the pod population for the sea horses.

The red stuff is a waterproofing material that gets brushed or rolled on like paint.

I like the seahorse idea.

Yes, that's right . It's called Redguard. It's a one part elastomeric membrane used for waterproofing showers, etc. it's already saved me a couple of times with overflows.

You do good work. I gotta say though, the style of this stand is the polar opposite of the one in the living room;)
Mark, thanks!! I dam don't build this stand. The stand came with the tank and sump setup. Although I am thinking of veneering the currently white panels.

Mark, thanks!! I dam don't build this stand. The stand came with the tank and sump setup. Although I am thinking of veneering the currently white panels.
Damn iPhone autocorrect... I meant to state that I did not build the stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is the red material lining the stand? What about a macroalgae tank with seahorses? You could have turtle grass or similar grasslike algae on the bottom, and different colors of plants on the rocks. You could prune thr algae to feed the fish in your other tank, and the algae would help the pod population for the sea horses.
All great ideas. Keep em comin....
Hardest part will be deciding which direction to go!

Well....I just found 4 tiny aptasia just a few mm in size on my rock this morning as I was getting setup to transfer all of my softies which were growing in my coral QT! Very disappointing...which also tells me that I can't trust my rock that's been sitting in my stock tank in the garage for 6+ months. So, instead of pulling all the rock....cooking it and then completely draining and drying out the tank...I'm considering using CP to eradicate it. Not sure which is easier or comes with less pain?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since the tank is currently not inhabited, I'd nuke it with fenbendazole, but go with a higher than recommendation. You can read more about it here:

https://maxdraco.wordpress.com/2013...ue-cloves-polyps-xenia-aiptasia-hydriods-etc/

Buddy used a higher concentration on his 90G and his wife's 135G and it wiped out all the aiptasia. Running it at higher concentration will nuke snails and it stays in the system for awhile. He wasn't able to add any snails into the setup for ~5 weeks.

Well... I decide to pull the LR and I took it sunbathing today [emoji14]. And it's been Africa hot out here in Pleasanton. Do it cooked pretty quickly.

b3ba27d1f34b26142637414eb83281f8.jpg

I figured it was the simplest way to do eradicate. I had a couple of folks tell me to not bother because I was going to introduce Aptasia sooner or later. But, I figured I should at least try. And now was the time.

Well... I decide to pull the LR and I took it sunbathing today [emoji14]. And it's been Africa hot out here in Pleasanton. Do it cooked pretty quickly.

I figured it was the simplest way to do eradicate. I had a couple of folks tell me to not bother because I was going to introduce Aptasia sooner or later. But, I figured I should at least try. And now was the time.

Do not give up hope! Otherwise, I'm screwed! Been aiptasia free for 9-10 months.

Put a couple buckets of Prime and a ton of salt in that pool and you would have the most bestest reef tank ever :D

Back