Neptune Aquatics

Will's 93g Serenity Cube

iPhone pics of my Valentini Puffer
2996f24f3c1d8bca9add4e48382f0436.jpg

e1ea047ae76ab7690bfb4bcebf0c76d3.jpg

Last month...a lot of my softies started withering away...in an unexplained manner. I did the usual obligatory chemistry tests, looked for stray voltage, etc. Over a period of a couple weeks, they got worse. So, I moved all softies except a couple to my frag tank. In the meantime, I sent a sample off for testing (ICP-OES) and it came back with 12 ppb copper...not crazy high, but might account for coral health. Anyway, did a big water change and will have to keep an eye out for it. I checked my heaters and flow pumps to make sure that they are not the source of the Cu.

Man that would kinda freak me out. Check your vortech wetsides? I might just replace the heaters just because. Not sure what leaches copper though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah....I'd tear my hair out and my tank trying to find the source of that. Copper just doesn't come out of nowhere. Have kids that like to hide stuff for later usage?

I’m remodeling my bathroom and was sweating some copper pipe for the shower and I was thinking I’ve got to make sure I get good and clean before doing anything with the tank.

I’m remodeling my bathroom and was sweating some copper pipe for the shower and I was thinking I’ve got to make sure I get good and clean before doing anything with the tank.
Me too. Still ripping mine out. Gonna have to do a little plumbing for the shower, but not much. So much work for very little real change. Meh.

Back