Jestersix

Wireless access point for a controller

Tonight I'll be getting an APEX and I want to get it up on the network. Unfortunately my wireless hub is about 75ft of non-wife-approved cabling away....so I need an access point. I also happen to be on a dynamic IP (ATT DSL).

Anyone have any recommendations on an access point or anti-recommendations? I'll see about hitting Frys or BestBuy on the way back.

I'm a HUGE fan of D-Link after giving up on Linksys a few years back. Been running DGL-4300 for a few years without a single problem.

stay away from Linksys is all I have to say. I like D-Link and Netgear. My Netgear has been great for the last few years as well.

How bout a wireless bridge like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008WMBT/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000066JQU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0GVEV35YN7YDKACKD0TW

I have one but my stupid router hates it.

Just about any router that you can flash with dd-wrt firmware. If you already have a wireless router than pick up another router and load that firmware on there (then bridge it).

I currently have a wireless router, but it is some cheap one I got a while ago at bestbuy. Don't even know the name. I think it starts with a D and has an x in the name

Back