Jestersix

WMPN Montipora.....Wannabe Mystic Probably Nodusa ;)

I can make one frag of this WMPN Montipora, it gets best polyp extension in the evenings, and prefers to be on the bottom 3rd of my tank. I have a 6x39W Powermodule and my tank is 16" tall.

Criteria
Are a member
have sucess with SPS in the last few months
will frag it out twice before selling or trading
will give me a frag if I lose mine
dbtc2010.jpg

I can deliver this frag the week of Christmas, within reason, or you can pick up in Alameda or Emeryville.

Oh, I'd toss my name in the hat. If it's a flip between this or the setosa, I'd rather get this.
And I still think the Raiders won't get more than 6 points :D

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5397.msg66976#msg66976 date=1228340428]
Looks like an orange nodosa to me.
[/quote]

I was told it was a Mystic, my camera skills blow, the color is like a Magenta/pink with the electric blue polyps. Good thing I didnt pay a premium price for it

Isn't the one on the left a nodosa and the one up for grabs is the monti on the right?? Just wondering, not saying anyone is wrong..

[quote author=LeviT link=topic=5397.msg66988#msg66988 date=1228341448]
Isn't the one on the left a nodosa and the one up for grabs is the monti on the right?? Just wondering, not saying anyone is wrong..
[/quote]

Levi, the one on the left looks like a Setosa. The one on the right more like a Nodosa, though mine does not have electric blue polyps. I dunno if it is Mystic or Nodosa.

Setosa is on the left, what I thought was the Mystic is the one on the right, and in the backdrop is a monti I got from ocean treasures that was too close to the ORA Red Planet, and got burned because of it. Had to move it away. Like I said, it was sold to me as a Mystic, at the time, i didnt really put any attention to the name, just liked the color so I will call it a knockoff...and remove the poll. He never called it an LE or AE coral.

Don't remove the poll. Just because it wasn't sold as an LE or AE doesn't mean it can't be a DBTC-x. Actually some of the corals that most belong there are corals that don't have those designations because the big names in the industry haven't seen them yet!

Like I said, I'm not sure if it is a mystic or a nodosa. But it is a worthwhile discussion. After all, Levi already learned what a Setosa is! ;)

:)no if it becomes something thats great...LOL...I thought you were calling me the newb. The other two I have the setosa and appleberry are the real deal. The setosa in high light, started to turn pink so I tossed it in the lower third, where it went back to that deep salmon color. The way I have the plug on the rock, may be why it is growing the way it is. I just balanced it up there, and a few weeks later found it encrusting on the one spot where the rock actually touches the back of the plug. And started getting the nodules radiating from the edges.

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=5397.msg66998#msg66998 date=1228343173]
After all, Levi already learned what a Setosa is! ;)[/quote]
Thanks Charles :p

I'm gonna take a gamble at 13 points here(of course that would be four field goals, no touchdowns), lol. I guessed they would score 17 on the other coral you have, I will make the gamble on this one! Thanks! Beautiful pieces by the way!

I live in San Francisco, good LFS is really a personal opinion, Ocean Treasures is really nice, they have some really nice coral tanks, but we can work something out to how I'll get the piece.

Going to meetings? Maybe involve a 3rd party if you live far away, etc.

Back