Would it be good if we find a way to make DBTC distribution easier at meetings?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by alve, Dec 13, 2008.

1. alve

alve Guest

I noticed from all the meetings I attended so far that it is very hard to find some people you are supposed to give DBTC frags to (or receive) if you only have the persons forum name and have no idea how they look like. I don't think I am the only one experiencing this and was wondering if there would be an easier way for this?
    Even with name tags it is still hard fo find the person(s) in the crowd or the names are not readable unless you are only a couple feet away (I know, my eyes are not that good ;D). I also noticed even when there are name tags maybe half of the people use them.

What if for example the first half hour of the meeting is for DBTC trades and we have somewhere one place, maybe at a big table or so where everybody that gives/receives frags goes to. This way everything is in one place and with name tags it should be a breeze to get it done very quick and easily.

What do you all think? Any other ideas or do you prefer to leave it the way it is?

2. Elite

Elite Guest

It would be a lot easier if people show up early. It's fun running around looking for people ;D. Here is a tip, find one of the BOD or long time members and ask. Unless the member is new, most likely they will know.
    Trust me when we have name tags, it's much easier to find people.

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Normally we have nametags, but I was unable to find them in the transition to temporary storage.

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I like having one place to put frags, but I don't want to be near the frags as I want to talk to friends and what not I haven't spoken to since last meeting (online doesn't count), and I'd like to meet new people who I happen to have frags for.

5. It was my first meeting and don't know most of the people that was there. Only recognize a couple of the people that I have met before, Aldie, Bryan.

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I agree with Phong, show up early and do you transactions then, get it out of the way. Name tags are great, but when you show up early there's only a few people anyway so it's not to hard to pick people out.

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

We talked about setting up a table at ASAP for just this, but obviously we have yet to have a meeting to implement this. It is definitely something we want to streamline.

8. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

I also agree with phong about asking people you know. Is a great way to socialize and its how I found pixipixel and tapmorph. Brings people together when you ask people do you know who .... is. I found everyone early, but tuberider, that way and only didnt find him cuz he had left for the meeting room already. Having a table would make 50 people jam up in one little area, then there is the chance you leave your frag and someone doesnt pick it up, and also makes the transfer less personal. Maybe BOD should wear name tags that say I know alot of people ask me if you cant find someone.

9. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Yep. The problem that I have is once the meeting starts I get trapped behind a table so unless people find me it makes it tough. Early is always better.

Maybe in addition to people posting up in advance what they are bringing and for who. They could post what they might be wearing (i.e. guy in a Red Sox hat) so the receivers can find them. Think the honus on finde people should be on the receivers not the givers.